Friday, August 20, 2010

Texas Bound

Tomorrow I am flying to Texas. I'm leading worship at Highland Church in Abilene on Sunday and singing at the prayer breakfast event for the inauguration of the new ACU President on Monday morning. I am getting to stay with Craig and Beth Ann Fisher and will get to see lots of friends. I'm really looking forward to being there.


It's been MANY years since I was at an opening day chapel at ACU. There's a lot of pomp and circumstance on those days with the orchestra, the choir, the parade of flags, etc. It's always been one of my favorite experiences. US News recently named ACU the "top up-and-coming university in the western region" and "2nd for undergrad teaching." That's rockin'! Go wildcats!

Although my time in Abilene will be short, I hope to also get my fill of some BBQ and Mexican Food. But, ultimately, the best thing about the "Big Country" is the people. I'm looking forward to the smiles and hugs that await me there. It's good to go home.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: