Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

On this Thanksgiving day we give thanks for all the gifts of grace in our lives...our friends, family, and God's love that covers us.

Ella had a class program this week...it's the perfect way to say Happy Thanksgiving today.



Every boy and girl in Ella's class was given an assignment to create part of the pilgrim village. It was quite impressive. Definitely some help from the moms and dads! :) There was also an Indian tee pee village but I didn't grab a picture of it.


I loved this picture she drew...it says "I'm thankful for the earth"


Ella's drawing of our family


I love that she wrote "Grandmol". We're thankful for Nonnie and MeeMaw!


Sweet Ella!



"Welcome"




"We Give Thanks"

Our Thanksgiving holiday began last night with an evening of hilarity. Bobby and Sonya Colvert treated us to the "Doyle and Debbie Show". It was so hilarious. Steve and Karen Speake, Keely and Melissa Hall, and my mom were with us. We laughed until we cried at songs like "Blue Stretch Pants", "Stock Car Love", and "Snowbanks of Life" ("I wrote your name in gold on the snowbanks of life"). Crazy and hilarious.

This morning we woke up ready to all pile on the couch and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We're watching for all of our NYC friends. Good luck!

This afternoon we are having the traditional T-Giving meal at Byron and Beth Williamson's with Ryan and Sarah and their kids and my mom. We've spent holiday meals together for many years. We're excited to be with them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! We have so many things to be thankful for this year.

1 comment:

annie said...

School Thanksgiving programs are one of my favorite memories from childhood...
I love the colors Ella drew for all y'all's outfits! :)