Sunday, July 13, 2008

High School Musical and l'Ete du Vin

Last week the girls and Sydney went to High School Camp. Yes, it exists. They had a blast. Friday afternoon they did a final performance and rocked it out! It was so fun!


This whole week Gary and I have been preparing for l'Ete du Vin...Nashville's very successful wine auction and fund raiser for the American Cancer Association. The ball room at the Loews Vanderbilt hotel was transformed. Gary did a GREAT job in pulling off an absolutely beautiful evening! I was glad to get to partner with him for such a great cause.




Thomas Arvid is a famous artist who donated his time and this painting to the auction. He's such a nice guy. Check out his website...amazing. http://www.thomasarvid.com/

I'm guessing this bottle of wine is much more valuable closed than open (check the date--1879). But I wonder...what WOULD it taste like? Turpentine? Overall the event raised about $500,000 for cancer research. It was a great night.
We're home this morning with sick kids. My new cast for the Spirit comes in tomorrow. I am looking forward to meeting them!

2 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Okay, I've been out of the blog world for awhile, but as I cram a sandwich at my desk for lunch, I thought I'd check in. Here's the short of it:
Happy independance day, happy birthday Maddie, the party looked great, hope you're survivng recording, Joyce is my favorite, I like wine. Bye.

CPH said...

Many thanks for all your help making our events a success. We look forward to many more years of raising funds for the fight against cancer.

Cheers,

L'Ete' du Vin