Saturday, August 18, 2007

CD, folio, liner notes, producer's notes, etc...these things have been consuming me this week--all week!! It's almost all--ALL done! We're OH SO close.

To keep things interesting in the off time I've been working again with Celebrity Cruise Line and Norwegian Cruise Line vocal directing several shows. Gary Musick company is hopping with activity right now. There are 3 casts there rehearsing so it's a zoo---but a crazy fun zoo!

These casts are working so hard--many of them late into the night preparing for their shows. The music is AWESOME! For example---shows like Wicked, Lion King, Hairspray, Mama Mia, The Producers, Les Mis, Phantom, and West Side Story. The singers have done a great job too. Here are some pics--

Some of the singers and a couple of dancers from the NCL "Gem"...



My newest cast from Celebrity Infinity... Jason, Adrianna, Brad, Eno and Derek...



Emily and Mandy--female singers from Celebrity's "Summit". LOVED this cast!



A run-through of "Night of Stars" (Mandy--Celebrity "Summit")



Tim Goins and me. Tim is one of the principal singers on the "Summit". He recently played Simba for a while in the Disney Lion King show at Animal Kingdom.



Run-through of "Night of Stars" with Tim.



Tim singing... "Tell me what I say...." rockin it OUT!



Cast of Celebrity Cruise Line "Summit" with Erin (choreog), Gary Musick (owner of the company) and me. The singers, Travis Turpin, Mandy Morris, Emily Fitzpatrick, Ryan Walton, and Timothy Goins were one of my all time favorite groups to work with.



If you've ever thought about booking a cruise, go sometime in the next 6 months on either the NCL "Gem" (NCL's brand new ship built this year--this is the first cruise and cast ever) or Celebrity Cruise Line's "Infinity". Both casts are SO strong. You'd be assured an AWESOME show experience.

Jeff and Jake Berry are staying with us and it's been fun having them finally here. Jake started school at David Lipscomb Elem Friday. Last night Katey Earles, my mom, Jeff, Jake, and all of our family gathered to watch High School Musical 2. The girls have been driving us crazy about it. I loved the beginning. The dance sequences were awesome. The music for the first few songs was cool. Then it went downhill into Cheeseville. By the time the "Troy" character was singing alone (towards the end) on the golf course, I was just mad. The Chris Doggett kind of mad. :) Of course, our kids LOVED it.

Have a great weekend, friends!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Great synopsis-I was feeling the same way...loved the beginning, almost felt sick from the cheesiness by the end!! ;)

Elizabeth S said...

We had a party at church and watched it on the big screen in the gym. I left with the babies before the end. I'll have to go back and watch it. My older two were watching it again this morning. Here we go again!

Beaner said...

It's playing AGAIN at our house while I type this. My daughter & I had a really nice "Mommy/Daughter Date" last night! I just hope we don't get into the Bedding & backpacks & all that junk! Of course, I wouldn't mind getting the CD's - the songs ARE pretty catchy!!

PS - What time is it?

MichaelPolutta said...

This one was MUCH more of a "standard Disney" thing than the first "High School Musical" was. The first one was genuinely good, IMHO. This one, not so much. A reluctant "okay" is the best I can offer HSM2.