Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Today I feel old. Time really does fly! 15 years ago this year I was a senior at ACU. It was Sing Song time and I directed Gamma Sigs. We won that year and it was such a fun experience! FIFTEEN YEARS! ugh.

For those of you unfamiliar with Sing Song or versions similar like "Sing" at Baylor, it is truly something that can only be experienced. This was the 51st year of Sing Song at ACU. All the fraternities and sororities compete for the best in originality/best costumes/best vocals and best overall. It's highly charged and the entire production includes something like 1000 students. It's insane. There are also 6 students who are "Hosts and Hostesses". They sing between each club act backed by the ACU jazz band. As a student I was a host in '91 (along with 2 of my fellow bloggers...Stephen Bailey and Val Durrington) and then directed Gamma Sigs my senior year in '92. Then I got to go back later after I worked for Norwegian Cruise Line and was vocal director. Those were fun, FUN days!

An ACU student sent me a YouTube clip of Gamma Sigs award winning show from this year. It was fun to watch...take a minute to watch and see what this crazy show is all about! And...keep in mind, each fraternity and sorority competes with similar acts. It's truly an amazing show. (Thanks to Jim Kizer for this link!)


4 comments:

Jacinda said...

I'm in agreement with you. It is an amazing show! How fun to watch this video clip-Chris will love it!

I too feel old....though maybe not quite as old as you! HA!!!

Katey said...

Wow time does fly. When I think of where I was and what I was doing 15 years ago.... :)

Brian said...

Ahh, it does my heart good to see that the old GSP Windmill is still being put to good use.
If memory serves, didn't Galaxy do firemen in 1992 when you directed GSP to victory, breaking a LONG run of Galaxy Sing-Song domination?
Memories.....

KentF said...

Thanks for the clip. I was there - having an out-of-body experience because my freshman daughter was performing - that was weird. If anyone finds a clip of the Junior class - let me know! They were hilarious! Bravo all participants and GSP for being awesome.