Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thank you to all who helped my poor brother-in-law, Fajita, see the error of his ways. As you can tell, his heart is still hardened to the good news of plain M&M's. We'll continue to pray for your eyes to be opened to the truth, Chris. (Minions...I laughed out loud at that word on your comment, freaky boy.)

I had some good heart sharing time with the Samson guys last night. I continue to be grateful for that group.

I feel and extra sense of anticipation about traveling with ZOE this week. I can't put my finger on it. I just feel like God is preparing us for something. Would you mind praying about this coming weekend and please also pray for me. I don't want to do anything in my own strength this weekend. I feel like I need some real centering this week and in a busy week that will be a challenge to find. I could also use your prayers for vocal health. This coughy-crud has worn me out!

Can I ask you something? When you hear the word "Closer" what do you think of? The ZOE conferences this year are called "Closer". I am planning some centering time for the worship ministers on Friday. I'd be curious to know your thoughts about even that word and what comes to mind when you think about drawing closer to God.

7 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

"Closer" makes me think of that extra intimacy that comes with a true heart for relationship with Jesus. When we are truly seeking him with everything we have every minute of our lives, trusting him with EVERYTHING, we will be "closer".

Rick J said...

As I read your blog this morning, two things just popped into my head... both song lyrics I cherish; will just let them speak for themselves. :)

There is a place of full release,
Near to the heart of God,
A place where all is joy and peace,
Near to the heart of God.

And this from Steve Green's "The River":
There's a river ever flowing, wid'ning, never slowing and all who wade out in are swept away. When it ends, where it's going, like the wind, no way of knowing until we answer the call to risk it all and enter in.

Amy S. Grant said...

Okay, we'll see if third time's a charm. My earlier two comments went poof! Blogger is mad at me for switching to Wordpress.

But...I did want to comment here to say I will pray for you guys as you prepare for the next conference. You are such a blessing to so many of us.

And, the theme Closer really struck a chord with me this year (it is my blog title, after all!).

This theme gives me hope that it is not as important where we may be at any given moment (in the pit or in the pulpit) but rather what direction we are headed. We always have the choice to draw closer to God, and He is there with outstretched arms to receive us.

And sorry, Fajita, but you were wrong about the M&M's. :)

Amy S. Grant said...

It worked!

Christy said...

It means warmth to me--that special "everything is ok b/c you feel all warm and cozy"--safety is another word that comes to mind. God pulls you 'closer' to keep you safe and protected. I don't know if that helps any, but that's what first came to mind

Katherine said...

I have really felt like God is preparing something big for this weekend, too and I am really pumped about what is in store! :)

Closer...it reminds me of being invited to draw near, to a deeper relationship, an invitation to come sit on my Father's lap and allow Him to wrap His arms around me so we are one. It reminds me of his invitation of "Come all you who are weary and laden, and I will give you rest". It is an open invitation, we can always draw near to Him if we are willing...that is comforting and provides a sense of hope.

Eric Livingston said...

It makes me think of a line - because that's the shortest distance between two points. For example, let point A=God and let point B=me and let point C=the center of a given circle drawn in any relation to points A and B, where triangle ABC is equilateral. Then I know I am closest to God when line AB is perpindicular to line CD where D is the midpoint of line AB.

Oh it also makes me think of Grover doing his "Neeeeeeeeear......Faaaaaaaaaar" routine.

Bu that's just me.