Monday, February 05, 2007

Sometimes "sweet nothings" can be sweet everythings.

Last night as I was laying in bed with Ella saying goodnight, she hugged me really hard and said with her little growly voice in my ear, "I will always love you...even when I'm grown up and get married...even when I'm a mommy and have children...I will always love you!"

I think that has to be in the top three things any dad would want to hear. I am blessed.

PS: ZOE heads to TX in a few weeks. We'll be in Lubbock the first weekend in March at the Monterey Church. Leonard Sweet will be joining us. His new book, The Gospel According to Starbucks just came out. Thanks to Stuart McGuiggan for the book and always keeping me updated on releases! I'm so excited you'll be at the conference, Stu! See you there!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Bring out the tissues...no lie that brought tears to my eyes. You have such sweet girls and I know Sam will be too:)

Peggy N Texas said...

Kids say the best things.....sometimes! Priceless and I know you will treasure it in your heart.

I grew up at Monterrey in Lubbock. Wish I could be there with you. Will you also have these in Fresno and Lubbock next year as well? That way I could plan ahead for that! Enjoy Lubbock. It is a different world there!