Friday, February 02, 2007

SNOWWWWWWWWW!!!! YEA! Why, I ask you...WHY does it snow more in TEXAS than here??? It's so very sad. I loved waking up this morning and seeing the snow draped all over trees like whipping cream. I loved the crunchy feeling under my shoes as we ran outside to play. I loved having to shovel off 2 inches of snow from my car windshield. YEA!

I've been having snow skiing withdrawals. It will soon be 2 years since I've been. I had my nose pressed against the airplane window as we flew over Colorado last weekend. I could see the trails. I was wishing for a parachute. Wait...scratch that. I'm scared of heights.

There is something so beautiful about snow. Today was the perfect kind too. No ice to speak of and the roads were mostly clear. I know kids everywhere were enjoying building snowmen and playing. I'm hoping it's not the last we'll see of it before Winter leaves us. I figure...if it's gonna be cold then at least make it INTERESTING! :)

Have a great weekend, blog family!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

This has been an unseasonably cold winter in Texas-but definitely more snow than usual. We went and played out in it last night-it was gorgeous! I just wish it would stay around a little longer...LITTLE, I said! ;) I LOVE snow-it sure is beautiful!! There is somethine peaceful, calming, healing...

I bet the kids had a blast today-I imagine you got pictures-you should share them...

Blessings!

Tim Castle said...

Okay, so make with the pictures, man! We Californians like pictures of snow. Not the real thing, mind you, just pictures!