Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday mornings were always special to me as a kid. My dad usually made breakfast...2 fried eggs (sunny side up), bacon, and toast with butter. I loved Saturday morning cartoons. I remember waking up before regular TV programming came on and sitting in front of the white "snowy" screen just waiting. Back then, there was no such thing as the Disney channel or Cartoon Network. Saturday mornings were IT! Anyone remember "Captain Caaaaaaaaave Maaaaaaaan"? I also loved the Smurfs.

As an adult, there are new traditions. I love making nachos for lunch. Nothing fancy, just chips, melted cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sweet banana peppers (when in season). Today was a nachos kind of day!

Here are some pictures of the snow this week. There are still traces but the bulk of it has long since melted.



1 comment:

Karen said...

Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid (which was even before *you* were a kid) were da bomb! I was still watching them with my nephews in the 80's. I do remember Captain Caveman... but do you remember Billy Batson and Isis?

I also remember Saturday morning breakfasts... "cat-head" biscuits, gravy, bacon and/or sausage, and fried eggs (also sunny-side up! Your dad and I would have been great friends.) These days we rarely do a big breakfast meal, but I do make breakfast for dinner sometimes.