Friday, February 16, 2007

In the news...
I am celebrating today...4 straight days of spin (normally I only go Tues/Th) and I am living to tell about it. I even swam last night with my kids. The holidays got me so off my routine, I needed a boot camp of sorts to get me in gear. The YMCA offers a boot camp, but it's $200 a session. Puh-lease. I can torture myself for free.

American Idol...loving that we're finally past the horribly embarrassing auditions and into the fun stuff. I have some favorites, do you?

I haven't mentioned this yet, but our Ella is getting glasses. Bless her...she's far sighted. She is absolutely THRILLED to be getting glasses!

I've been writing down some children's stories that have come out of bed time with the kids. In my next life I want to write children's books. (and not be like the guy on "Elf"..."Does someone need a hug?" HA!)

A local car rental place called JOY autorental sent me a hand-written note with a Starbucks gift card for $5 just to let me know they rent VW Beetle Convertibles. While extremely random, I was really excited to get the $5 card. Now I can buy a pack of Sweet and Low at Starbucks (which we affectionately call "Four Bucks"). I thought it was a really nice gesture. So, if any of you Music City folks need to rent a car, rent from Bob Porter at JOY autorental.

And finally, the verdict came down in the Smith murder case. The Smith's are members of the Remnant Church (Gwen Shamblin). Not guilty of 1st degree murder, but guilty of involuntary manslaughter and a couple of other things associated with child abuse. How someone could stuff their child in a box after beating and starving him, I'll never understand. So, SO sad.

It's supposed to snow here tonight and tomorrow. I'm praying for HEAPS! I know those of you reading in the north east would say, "Be careful what you wish for..." but I really, really, REALLY want it to snow. Anyone up for sledding?

3 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

I'm up for snow, but our 24 degree Louisiana weather that's windy like all get out just isn't cutting it!

LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!


It snowed while we were in Nashville 2 weeks ago.

Beaner said...

Why don't you & ZOE come up to Illinois and do a little impromptu Worship Conference/Sledding Extravaganza - we've gotten about 15 inches in the last few days. I'll even let you sled down the huge hill that the snowplow left at the end of my driveway!

Mark Lowenstein said...

Brandon,

We got the "best snow" in years!! It was "black-ice-packed-snow".. You don't even need a sled to zip down the slope. My girls and I went dangerously fast. Wished you could have taken a 10 hour drive up here and enjoy this "rare ocassion"!!

One of my girls were stuck on the brim of the slope. She didn't want to go down. I had to go all the way around the neighborhood, crack a mile-long ice and snow creating a path from the street to where she was stuck. So, daddy came to her rescue. And it does made me think of how Jesus had gone through the thick of it to rescue us all!

So I surely hope it does snow around where you are.