Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am taking a short mental break from Otter, ZOE, Easter, etc to blog for a minute. I am stressed today. Please pray for me. Our CD burner broke so I am burning 45 CDs one at a time for Easter rehearsal tonight. UGH.

We are doing a combo of a couple of published works. Both are by Travis Cottrell whom I LOVE! One is called "Redemption" and the other is called "Alive Forever". We'll have a worship choir of around 40-50 and we'll sing with the praise band led by Jason Patrick. I am excited about it! Here's our song list...

1. All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises
2. Hallelujah (Your Love Makes Me Sing)
3. You Are God Alone
4. Great God Medley--How Great Thou Art and How Great is Our God (first with piano only)
5. You Humble Me
6. O Love That Will Not Let Me Go (just voices)
7. The Power of the Cross (piano and guitar...ZOE arrangement)
8. We Fall Down/Holy Holy Holy (ZOE arrangement)
9. All the Heavens (just voices...ZOE arrangement)
10. You Are Holy (ZOE arrangement with band)
11. Alive Forever Amen

Have I mentioned that the ZOE conference in Lubbock is up to almost 650?? THAT'S AWESOME!!!! For the leadership conference this Friday I am taking the second session and we're going to work through some exercises in centering our hearts. We'll do some journaling things, we're going to watch the "Rain" DVD by Rob Bell, and I am going to take them through several parts of a book called Body Prayer by Doug Pagitt (who some of you have heard of through the Emergent Church stuff) and Kathryn Prill. It's a wonderful book that helps you in your meditation and prayer time.

Thanks for all the comments on the "Closer" theme. I really appreciate your hearts. It's cool to read your thoughts and ideas.

And, finally, American Idol!!! Last night the boys did so much better. I am still a huge fan of Blake Lewis. I think he's unique and I like his voice and style. It's fresh and current. Can't wait to watch the girls! Hopefully, Sheryl will get to tape it again.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Chris Sligh is the man. Blake is good, but my support is behind the Sligh Dog.

However, they all pale in comparison to Lakisha and Melinda.

Doug Pagitt said...

Thanks for using the BodyPrayer book

Cynthia Bennett said...

First, I never read blogs...but my husband Pat does and he told me I should read about your plans for the OC Easter service. I am a HUGE fan of the gift God has blessed Travis Cottrell with. I have all of his CDs and have seen him live a few times with Beth and alone. He brings so much glory to God. Some of my most intimate times of worship are in my van with God and Travis. So needless to say I am really looking forward to the Easter service. We have not had the chance to talk at any length yet but whenever we did I was going to ask if you knew/knew of Travis. Now I know. Thanks so much for using the wonderful gifts God has given you to bless our church body every Sunday. We love the worship in song at OC and look forward to every Sunday. I always appreciate the honest and humble comments that you share from your heart. We love OC and look forward to getting to know more and more people.

Go Melinda!!!!