Thursday, February 08, 2007

I am back at work today. Apparently, I don't look great because I have gotten a couple of, "You look AWFUL!!" remarks. Oh well.

Gwen Shamblin and the Remnant Fellowship are in a heap of trouble. Her wacky theology is being revealed in magazines, on TV news and in conversations all over the country. There are a lot of people we deeply love who have become a part of Remnant (which means they are encouraged to cut ties with us. Gwen and David used to be at Otter Creek and were good friends of ours. Long story.) As removed from us as they may be and though we may strongly disagree with Gwen on most of her teachings and dealings these last 7 years or so, we must still pray for them. Isn't that pretty much a direct command of Christ? I confess to you, it's difficult.

Changing the subject...I got this email today from a friend. It made sent me into a coughing frenzy after laughing really, really hard. Apparently, one of his co-workers posted something on Craigslist about needing a roommate. She got this as a response to her ad. There are so many funny things in here, it's impossible to know where to begin. And...neither of them are blog readers. But, just in case the writer is reading, the "Greys" visited me too...by the name of Stephen Bailey! enjoy...

Hi, It's great to hear from you! I really am a good
person and a great roommate. You girls sound great, too.
Let me tell you a little bit about myself: I am 31, I am a hard worker, a Baptist, I have no pets, but I do love cats, I don't smoke, I don't drink, (although I don't mind if others drink) I'd prefer no smoking though. I love social situations, but at
times, I definitely appreciate time to myself. I'd love to meet with you in
person. I need to tell you one thing first, though. The reason I even bring it
up, is that even though I don't think that it's a big deal, some of my roommates
in the past did, and I feel like I should get this out of the way, now.

In the last couple of apartments that I've lived in, I've been visited
(in my room) a few times late at night. Now, before you freak out, they have
NEVER bothered any of my roommates. They have never caused me any harm, and
I have seen an expert several times about them. From my descriptions, he's told
me that they are called "Greys", one of two of the most common known of visitors
from other planets. Yes, we think that they may be aliens. Sounds unbelievable
and scary at first, but it's really not, once you get used to the idea. It's
really not a big deal. They won't bother you at all, and who knows, if I move,
they may not even follow me. I'll be honest, that would be nice!

I really am normal. It's just that one thing that people think is weird. Please
don't hold it against me. Maybe we could meet on the Pedestrian Bridge ,
Downtown. I needed to go there this week, anyway!

If you and your roommate could meet me there, you should both wear all purple, so that I know who you are. Also, you are welcome to bring one suitcase each with you.
Definitely bring a water bottle. Oh, and don't wear any perfume. They will know!

I can't wait to meet you! Let me know when you can make it, See ya
there!

6 comments:

Katey said...

Oh my gosh- what do you say to that? I think I'd rather pay more for rent than deal with something like that. Glad you're feeling better though.

Malia said...

That's Craigslist for you!

Stephen Bailey said...

I find nothing strange about that at all. You're right, I too am visited by the Grey's at night. What's your point?

Jeff said...

I get visted by Meredith Grey every Thursday night when my wife and her sister watch tv. That is close to being abducted by aliens to me.

Oh, and I hear you on the welcome comments you've gotten back in the office. I always used to get the, "Are you ok?" or "Are you mad/upset" I guess I always walk around with a sour look on my face. Get over it people!!!

Christy said...

There is NOTHING wrong with a little Grey's Anatomy!!! My sisiter does get a tad bit too into it, but that's part of the fun. What would my hubby do w/o his weekly laugh?!?!

C D said...

re: Gwen & The Remnant... I did WDW before it got weird and it was life changing. It also enabled me to get close to women at my church that I'd never had the courage to be friends with. So I join in the prayers. Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it.