Thursday, January 11, 2007

Well, I'm now convinced that Jay Duty is my official 6 degrees of separation person with EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT ATTENDANT on Earth. My flight attendant today...Holly... from Jay's hometown and sang in HS choir with him. Wow. Guess spending time with Jay made all those girls wanna hit the friendly skies. Just kiddin' there, Jay-boy.

The sunshine state was more like the windy, kinda chilly state. But, it was still a good conference and I got to see some old friends like Mitch, Tim, Ty from Lion King (the tour is in Orlando now), and others. I came back with a cute children's musical--a cool twist on "Survivor". More on that later.

Thanks to everyone who took a minute or two to sign the ONE petition again. I pray it will make a difference. At least it calls some of us to action who normally might not get involved.

I'm preparing for Fresno. Anyone out there (you silent lurkers) coming to Fresno? My best buddy, Stephen, will be doing his track again like he did in Nashville. That will be awesome! Rich Smith will be joining me in my track instead of Dave Durham for the next couple of conferences. Some of you may remember Rich from a few years back when he teamed with me for the Leader's Conference. LOVE HIM! Sally Gary will be there and the rest of the ZOE family. I am looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

But...before Fresno is the Miss Nashville pageant. Did I mention I'm a judge? It's the beginning step in the Miss America pageant. I guarantee you I'll have stories. I may not be able to print them but I know there will be stories. Why is the interview question always so hilarious to me? For example...
Host: "Who is your hero?"
Contestant: "My grandmother. She picked cotton and made dresses and taught me that the English vocabulary is worth fighting for. So, that's my platform. We need more cotton-picking-grammar-users. And she loved peas. Especially whirled peas."

ok...sorry. But, I am really looking forward to that day with the contestants and seeing how it all works!

Home. It's good to be home. Sam's "daddyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" was gold to me!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I was at Fresno last year, but don't know about this year... if I get to come, it will be a last-minute decision; Fresno is about 3 hours from here.

Craig said...

Is there anything you don't judge? I was going to do a track on the importance of skits at Zoe if you would let me?

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Oh...you know I am so TOTALLY biting my tongue, Fish. HA!!

I have some other class titles in mind for you...like "My Body Thinks I'm 75"

How was the rest of NYC?

Comeing back from Orlando, this flight attendant I mentioned in the blog could have been Beth Ann's twin!

Fajita said...

I notice you don't judge things like the Spelling Bee and Quiz Bowl, but rather it is beauty pageants and music stuff. What does this mean?

I would like to teach a class at the Zoe Conference: "How to manage 10 blogs - to the glory of God, of course"

--Nina said...

Hey Brandon! The Castle family will be there, as usual! We are looking forward to seeing you all and experiencing the conference!

Be sure not to get sick again this year. Remember to stay away from the "special sauce" that makes the buns "moist" and you should be just be fine.

--Nina

Fajita said...

Didn't you see "Drop Dead Gorgeous"

That's how it really works

Thurman8er said...

I'm going to Fresno!

Wait, no I'm not. I'm staying right here in Fresno.