Saturday, January 13, 2007

Two recent funnies from Ella...

Ella came in the bathroom the other day and just pondered for a moment and then said... "I know all boys have a tennis. I can't always see them, but I know they're in there." (Maddie and Ella have called the male organ a "tennis" for as long as I can remember in spite of every kind of correction.) I had to choke back the laughter.

Today I was making up words to "My Darlin' Clementine"... "O, my darlin Ella Grace, your feet they sure are stinky, O my darlin' Ella Grace" etc. They just laughed and laughed as if I were really funny. Maddie then tried her hand at it and Ella wouldn't laugh at her attempts. She got upset about it and Ella finally said, "I laughed at Daddy because he was funny. You weren't funny, that's all." Oh my. Maddie took it well, though.

-------------------

Today we spent time up at Otter setting up our tables and booths for the ministry fair tomorrow. Sheryl and Amy Westerman's booth looks so great! Sheryl wanted to start a ministry helping to clothe kids in need. Instead of having a benevolence closet, Sheryl and Amy are organizing needs by sizes and people are supplying clothing from their own closets. They're calling it CloseTshare. I think it's a great idea! They've already been able to help several families.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

No comments: