Thursday, January 04, 2007



Today, my Ella is 4! It is so hard to believe! It seems like just a few weeks ago we were on our way to the hospital for her birth. She weighed the most of any of our kids--almost 10lbs!






Ella has a great sense of imagination...as well as a great sense of humor. She has me in stitches all the time. In this picture she was performing The Lion King for us.

Ella, you have a long life ahead of you, Lord willing. I pray that you never lose your sense of adventure and that incredible expression of wonder. I pray that God will be near to you and you to Him. I pray that as you grow up you will discover new and exciting things about God's love for you. Happy birthday, my sweet Ella Bella!

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

I remember getting the call from the proud papa and coming to hold your Ella in the hospital, Sheryl looking as lovely as ever. I remember the Browns being down the hall with their new little Rachel and visiting with them. And I remember still being in shock, having just found out I was pregnant -- again!

My, how it's flown.

Stephen Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Ella! All of God's favorite children are born early in the year. He starts every year by sending the best from heaven. By the end of the year, He sends the left overs. By the way, when is your Daddy's birthday? I can't remember. Anyway, have a very happy day!

Beaner said...

Stephen - maybe the best are conceived at the beginning of the New Year! ;)

Happy Birthday to Sheryl Jr.!

Christy said...

I remeber coming to see Ella in the hospital too!! We love getting to be apart of those special times with friends. At the time we didn't even know Christian was Christian--three weeks later we knew it was a boy. I'm glad our kiddos are friends and I look forward to their long lives too.

We love you Ella, Happy Birthday!!

Kelly Vaughn said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I didn't remember that you also had a January BD kid...our 3rd, Jonathan, was born on 1/03. We had a small party for him on his special day, but we've decided to do the BIG party in March (his mother's BD month)...this way, we can distance ourselves some from the other holidays (I mean I almost forgot his BD...too much holidaying!) Jonathan turned 2 this year. Happy New Year to your entire family! (We're moving back to Texas probably in May by the way...our time in Africa is coming to an end...nothing bad, just the time to roll things up and move on...we feel the work here is off to a good start. Keep us in your prayers!)
-Randy