Wednesday, January 31, 2007

(See the following press release...YEAAAAAAAA, JASON!!!!!)

JASON MCARTHUR NAMED VICE PRESIDENT OF A & R, PROVIDENT LABEL GROUP

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (January 31, 2007 ) — Terry A. Hemmings, President and CEO of Provident Music Group, announced today the promotion of Jason McArthur from Senior Director of A&R, to Vice President of A&R for the label group.

“I am pleased to announce Jason’s promotion to Vice President of A&R,” comments Hemmings. “He is an experienced and integral part of our team and has done an exceptional job with the artists he has been charged with, as well as finding and developing new artists. I look forward to working with him as we grow the roster under the label group umbrella.”

In his new role, Jason will continue to cultivate and nurture new and developing artists as well as oversee the production of many of the records of the label group’s existing roster.

Most recently, Jason served as Senior Director of A&R for the label group. During his six–year tenure he has worked with RIAA Platinum acts including Michael W. Smith, Casting Crowns and the Backstreet Boys’ Brian Littrell as a solo artist. In addition he is responsible for the signing of modern rock band Red, recently nominated for a GRAMMY for its debut project End of Silence, and has overseen projects for new, progressive rock band Leeland, whose first album Sound of Melodies was also honored with a GRAMMY nod this year.

Jason attended the University of California at Berkeley where he received a degree in Applied Mathematics (1992) and Abilene Christian University where he received a Masters Degree in Journalism and Mass Communications in 1996.

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT’s Provident Music Group is one of the world’s leading Christian music companies. Provident Music Group operates under the umbrella of Sony BMG Nashville.

Sony BMG Nashville includes its four country label operations – RCA, Columbia, BNA and Arista Nashville – and Provident Music Group, one of the world’s leading Christian music companies. Sony BMG Nashville is a division of SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.

We're so proud of you, Jason!! Your whole ZOE family is applauding! Woooo-hoooo!!!!

7 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Please pass on our Congratulations to Jason! It's funny, I feel like I know him because I have seen him sing with Zoe for so long. I am even more impressed now that I know Jason had a hand in Leeland's development. They are my new favorite band, "Yes You Have" is firmly embedded in my brain!!!!
Question: how does a band from Texas emerge with such a British/European sound???? Being that I grew up with that sound it makes me smile!

RD said...

I knew it! I knew it would be Jason! Do I win a prize or something? And what does "A&R" exactly mean? I remember Jason when he was a nobody... now he's a somebody! For the record Jason, you've always been a somebody in my book. Blessings.
-Russ

julie said...

Congratulations Jason!!! Jason probably doesn't even know who I am but every time that I talk with him he makes me feel like he remembers and is delighted to talk with me. I believe that is a gift.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Ha...funny Russ. A&R stands for Artists and Repertoire. (sp?) Basically, he discovers, develops and signs artists, helps with record concepts and also is sort of a liason between the label and the artist. Jason is AWESOME at it!

Clarissa said...

"No worries, friend," you spelled repertoire correctly ...

:-)

RD said...

Brandon, I think you deserve a promotion for spelling repertoire correctly. Congratulations!
-rd

Christy said...

Pass on our congrats to Jason too:) Brandon, I love that you get so excited for your friends...that's just ONE of your (many)gifts.