Sunday, January 28, 2007




I am writing again from the plane. Jason, Philip, Amy, Karin, Sheryl and I ended up catching an earlier flight out of Dallas instead of waiting 3 hours. We did have a chance to eat together and relax a bit. We ended up on the same flight as some of the original Grand Ole’ Opry members… “Little Jimmy Dickens”, Bill Anderson, and someone else I don’t know. Also, the “Riders in the Sky” are on our flight complete with their VERY large cowboy hats (they sang at the end of Disney’s Toy Story 2) along with Lorrie Morgan and Sammy Kershaw.

One of the best things about ZOE trips is being with the other ZOE folks. I was thinking this morning how much I love these people. We’ve been together for a really long time now. In many ways we’ve sort of grown up together. We’ve watched each other marry, have kids, struggle through life, change jobs, etc. (One of our members got a huge promotion that will be announced tomorrow in a press release. We’re so excited!!) We’ve rejoiced with each other in the good times and we understand what it means to bear one another’s burdens. These trips are so much fun because we get to spend time together. We hardly ever get to spend concentrated time together in Nashville, even though we’re all at Otter Creek (except for Peter who lives in Los Angeles). It is such a blast to laugh hysterically together in one moment and then be in a serious theological discussion a few minutes later. It really is one of my favorite gifts in life…this group.

Fresno was awesome! The people are so incredibly warm and hospitable. The food was amazing…and THIS year I could eat it! YEA! No more In-and-Out burgers.

It was also such a blessing to be with Stephen. He taught his track on Saturday but we had lots of time to hang on Thursday. I love having him involved in the conference this year. He has so much to add. Thanks, Stevie B!

We got to talk to Maddie and Ella tonight. It sounds like they have had a blast! I’m so grateful to Lauren. Kim and my mom for their generous help. We couldn’t do this without them.

I will post some pics tomorrow...I thank the Lord for a safe flight!

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

The safe flight is just one more answer to prayer this weekend.

We were so blessed by what we learned, sang, shared, saw, and yes, ate these past few days. It was a particular pleasure to get to meet Stephen. Great name, great guy.

Blessings to all of you as your ministry resumes in Nashville. Lisa (blogless) says hi.

Steve Puckett said...

I heard through Mike Cope that Zoe is coming to Metro in the Orlando area. Can you tell me who is coming? Who the speakers will be etc? I saw the info on Metro's web site but no schedule was listed and no speakers were listed.

Peace.