Saturday, November 11, 2006

Yesterday was a fun day. I got a lot done for one thing and that always feels good. Yesterday afternoon I met my friend, Ty, from Lion King and we hung out and then met up with Sheryl and the kids. I didn't tell Maddie and Ella that he was coming. Maddie was headed to a birthday party at "Brush Fire" (a pottery painting place) so we met them there. The girls were excited to meet Ty. I could tell because they both went into their "deer in the headlights" expressions. Maddie wouldn't say a word to him.

We walked into the party with them and I saw Maddie run over to her friends and point to Ty saying, "that's my friend, Ty." Funny!

Sheryl, Ella, Sam, Ty, Fernando (another Lion King friend) and I went to dinner while Maddie was at her party. Ty tried to teach Ella the right way to sing the first song in the show that "Rafiki" sings...."Saaaaaab a gin ya....sab ah oh mamaaah". And, I guarantee you, I just butchered it. The woman who plays "Rafiki" is from South Africa. Her name is Pendi. She was supposed to join us but ended up going back to the hotel.

As we were talking, we discussed NYC and friends there, etc. I told them how I used to love to go for visits and stay in the dorm with my friend Jay who was at Julliard. Fernando said, "I wonder if that's the same Jay who my friends from Julliard talk about?" So, he got on the phone to another cast member and asked her his name. Sure enough, Jay Franke proves to be, once more, less than 6 degrees of separation. Jay and I were in "Music Man" at Casa (back in TX). He was hired for the show while beginning Julliard. It was right after the ship for me. We used to sit backstage and talk about Oswald Chambers...HA! He's a hilarious guy and good friend. SUCH A SMALL WORLD!

Today we are planning to go to a musical review presented by a homeschooling co-op that some of our friends are a part of. Alice Griffith and Shelli Meador have put it together--so you can imagine how amazing it will be.

I keep feeling excited about what God is stirring up in this artists' fellowship idea. God's certainly paving roads in interesting ways. Hallelujah!

Happy weekend, boggers!

3 comments:

judy thomas said...

Babe,

Your dreams might come true. Victor Hugo said , "There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come."

Maybe God has been preparing you for this with all you connections in Dallad and NYC..who knows?

Beaner said...

I could connect you to a bunch of artists in Chicago, but they're not necessarily Christians. My husband (Dwiggy444) & I have been tossing around the idea of "adopting" a Theatre production from our college. Christians in the Arts could use all the support they can get!

Malia said...

pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom...pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom

Listen to the underscore vocals on that opening song sometime and tell me they are not saying that!!