Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thanks for the comments yesterday from everyone...some on the blog, some emailed. Let me again reiterate that our Children's Worship program is fantastic. Our children's ministers, Janet and Melanie, are awesome and we have a great time together. There were parts of that letter that I left off intimating that we were not in support of each other which is laughable. I don't think anyone in children's ministry wrote that letter.

I may be wrong here and God bless those of you whose hearts go out to the writer of the letter...but, as I stated in my comment yesterday, there was no redeeming quality to it. It wasn't a knee jerk, sent through email reaction by someone. It was hand-written, addressed, stamped and mailed. I do not have respect for that kind of thing. It's meant to be hurtful, it's meant to be mean. Having said that, if the person were to come to me, even now, it would be a good conversation because we would be able to share heart to heart and face to face. But, I will not endorse those kinds of letters in any way. I printed it on here as a statement to say, ANONYMOUS LETTERS DON'T WORK! If that offends some of you, I apologize. It is one of my all time pet peeves. Can you tell???

Having said that, I had a turning point yesterday after being bugged by this. I met with my friend Ty who is currently touring with The Lion King. It was incredibly encouraging. We are dreaming together about an organization for Christian Artists/Performers...something that would bring fellowship, accountability, worship, and feeding to those on the road or in that environment. More on that later.

This morning we met again to continue hammering out details for the Operation Andrew City Wide Thanksgiving service. I'm excited about that and seeing so many Nashvillians come together to worship.

2 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

I spoke with Joel about your idea this morning. We decided his sports analogies might not be the best way to communicate to traveling thespians. I love the idea though. Keep me in the loop...or the circle of life, if you will.

paul said...

I don't want to minimize the selfish, cowardly, spiteful letter you got...but Jesus died on a cross. Welcome to the ministry. I dealt with stuff like that for 20 years. Some of the most hurtful things ever said or done come from church members.