Thursday, November 02, 2006


I snapped this picture yesterday. It rained and then the sun came out a bit--enough to make the fall colors vibrant!

Yesterday was a cool day in many ways. Lots of incredible God stories and interactions. Too many to go into, but I was just blown away by the time yesterday was over by God's power in orchestrating relationships, timing, people, and places. He is amazing.

I had a neat conversation with one of the actors from Lion King yesterday. We talked about faith stuff and the struggles of being on the road. I think he might come visit Otter Creek while he's in town. The cast from Lion King is doing a benefit for Nashville Cares on November 20th called "The Lion Sings Tonight". Those of us in Nashville should plan on going. I know I'll be there. It should be awesome!

This morning we had a planning meeting with the Operation Andrew Board for the upcoming worship time at the Ryman. Victor and I are leading the worship time like we have in the past. I love working with Vic! We're hoping the Donna Summer will also be involved. (She lives here and is a Christian). That happens Sunday, November 19th at the Ryman. Those of you from out of town, just take a longer T-Giving holiday and come to Nashville for both events! :)

I am excited about leading worship in chapel at ACU tomorrow. I got to assemble my own praise team...4 of us were all Sing Song hosts together. Stephen Bailey, Val Durrington, Kristin Ward and Kellie Miller will be leading worship with me. That's gonna be so fun! Then the film fest activities begin. It should be a great weekend!

I have been so incredibly encouraged again and again by Paul's letter to the Romans. I've been hearing the Spirit remind me all week about the mercy of God. That deep, profound gift. It alters life. And, it should alter how we love one another.

I'm grateful for you, blog family!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Looking forward to chapel tomorrow! It sure isn't as pretty here, but the weather has been awesome!! :) Have a safe trip and blessings~

Leland V said...

Brandon,
I am missing being at Otter Creek. I recently saw this poem in First Things, and thought of you; particularly your recent comments about your Dad and Buddy.
Leland
* * *
The Dead Are With Us

The dead are with us when they sing.
Though we can't see them anymore,
they sing in very little things.

They sing in clinking weddings rings,
in zippers of the clothes they wore.
The dead are with us. When they sing,

we hear their teaspoons jangling
in the corners of our kitchen drawers.
They sing in all the little things.

Their voices are not sparkling,
not melodious or pure,
but they are with us when they sing.

and we prefer that--anything!--
to silence, to the words no more.
We look for every little thing,

each pocket, box we can explore.
We feel them with us when they sing,
and that is not a little thing.

Gwen Hart

Hoots Musings said...

Wave to my kids at Chapel tomorrow.

Wish I could be there to hear the roof be lifted off the Moody.

Traveling Mercies dear brother.

Thurman8er said...

If you run into Ashley Marie, tell her that her uncle misses her and Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough.

(I hear her mother misses her too, but that's just a rumor.)