Friday, February 24, 2006

Much of the week was spent in a fog. I was still so tired from the trip out there that it was hard to recover. Sam wasn't sleeping well at night and all the activity had me using every brain cell I had and I needed more! I even called my blogging buddy, Katherine, JEN all week. For the love! Sorry, Katherine.

Last night we all enjoyed being in our beds. It was fun watching the Olympics. I find that it's almost torture though--do you? I get so anxious for them. It kills me when the skaters fall. I loved watching the skiing though. That was UNREAL!! WOW!

Anyone out there have a good drama piece or reading on courage or new beginnings?

Here are a couple more pictures for you from the week.



It was so great getting to spend some time with Stephen. Here's a picture of Sam cracking up with him.



Had to stop by Sam Thomas Elementary and snap a pic. I wish I been able to get a picture of Sam in front of the school bearing his grandfather's name.



On Wednesday we had fajitas at the Cope's house. Mike was such a gracious host. Thanks, man! He took time to read books to Ella and Lainey (Eric's daughter). So sweet!

I neglected to write a week or so ago about our awesome Sunday lunch with Brandon and Jana Young (B Young!!). They have been at Otter for a couple of years and we've been doing the whole... "Hey, we need to get together..." thing that entire time. FINALLY! You won't find a more authentic, compassionate, understanding duo out there. Their son, Rowan, is adorable too. I'm so glad they're at Otter and I hope we have more time together in the future.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Think about me tomorrow when I'll be enduring Media Shout training.

3 comments:

Phil said...

If you want to be able to change things last minute, you're going to have to learn the tool...

Seriously bro, glad you're back. Get some sleep tonight.

Katherine said...

It's alright, Brandon-I still love ya! I totally understand about using every brain cell...it was an incredibly exhausting week between lectureship and trying to keep a bunch of freshmen girls in line! :)

It was wonderful to see you-lapse of recalling names and all!! I really enjoyed the worship, especially Monday night~I totally needed that.

I LOVE the Olympics-even though I haven't had a lot of time to watch them-and I do get really anxious watching them, but it is so fun.

Have a wonderful week-get some sleep!! God bless~

SG said...

Does Mike Cope ever age? I swear he looked just like that 15 years ago when I met him!