Sunday, December 11, 2005


I pulled into my driveway last week and looked over and this is what I saw...WOW! It made me think about the lyric that says, "Who paints the skies into glorious day? Only the splendor of Jesus!" Beautiful, isn't it? I sent it to one of the local weather men. We'll see if he uses it or not.


Friday night was a blast. The Lyric Street gang is very nice. It's been several years since we've been able to sing at their party. Randy's house was so beautiful and "Christmasy". I'm glad we did it.



Yesterday morning was "Breakfast with Santa". It's something that Otter has been doing for years. The fellowship hall was transformed into a winter wonderland and the Santa was great! Here Janet (one of our children's ministers) welcomes everyone and talks about the true gift of Jesus.





The kids loved getting to talk to Santa. Looks like he has his hands full here, doesn't he? Tell me about it!




Maddie's buddy, Sydney, was also very excited. Sydney is the daughter of our long time friends, Ryan and Sarah Williamson. She's sitting in her Bammi's lap (Beth Williamson). Byron and Beth have been family to me for many years. It's so fun having them at Otter Creek now!



Sam was just so cute! Sometimes I have to rub my eyes and look again just to make sure that he's real...and to make sure it's not Baby Maddie. He and Maddie favor so much as babies.



Cookeville went great. It was a long trip and Phil Wilson, who was bringing the sound stuff in his van, had some car trouble. Primarily because he hadn't added oil since 1998. Our big 18 passenger van was cruising down the interstate and then we realized Phil wasn't back there any more. However--we all made it fine. It was a good trip and, as usual, lots of hilarity with the group.

This morning is a very special day at Otter Creek. We're making a pretty big announcement. I'm so excited about the future! After church, we're rehearsing for the show this weekend and then Life Group at our house. We're having our Christmas party tonight. It will be lots of fun too.

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Katey said...

It's a good thing all 3 of your kids talked to Santa, because according to Ella, "If you don't talk to Santa, he won't bring you any Kissmas pwesents." Wouldn't want any of your sweet kids to not get those pwesents. :) Hope you found your keys.

Phil said...

I'm so glad that you guys considered the sound guy important enough to look back and check on me every once in a while, alone... in my van...

And hey, not all of us can pay as much attention to our stuff as you do to your hair. It's fancy!

Anonymous said...

Sam is the best :)