Saturday, October 08, 2005

I feel this weird mix of sheer exhaustion and spiritual energy. It's the epitomy of my spirit being willing but my flesh being weak (literally).

What a weekend! I am still reeling from Len Sweet. I don't even feel like I can absorb the weekend conference yet. Sweet blew my socks off. You MUST order the CD from his sessions on mission.

Just had a nice visit with Michael Card before his set. He did a great job. I have a funny story to share about our time together that I really, really wish I could share. Really. I do.

I'm taking a rest during the second session of classes before my class at 3pm. Afterwards, we'll close the night with a big worship and testimony time led by ZOE and Cope. As is usually the case, my voice is WORN OUT. It seems that by the time the conference usually gets here, I'm already tired. So it's always a challenge to last 3 or 4 more very full days. Please pray for me. I need to pace until tomorrow afternoon.

Highlights so far:
--Len Sweet and Larry James and their session on mission
--leading worship with the band from OC Thursday night
--The session on healing (Ways God has been at work in healing brokenness) POWERFUL!
--Seeing friends! Hainey, Stephen and Stephanie, Jay Duty, Sally Gary, Kaye, Amy Boone, Peter and Lindsey and more. It's been so rich!
--Donna Hester and Jill Maxwell's dramatic presentation Friday night. Wow!
--The Mike Cope music video. There are no words. I think that's when I lost the last of my voice from laughing.
--Jeff Walling's dramatic representation of Matthew. Superb!
--Partnering with Chiz
--Getting to show off the kids. SO FUN!!
--Getting to worship with my ZOE family--both immediate and extended.

More to come!
--Michael Card's concert this afternoon. WOW!
--

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Yep - I am loving it!! The worship is great and I am especially enjoying the new relationships that are being deepend from out of blogworld into reality. It's been so great!!

Joel said...

Brandon,

Here are my top 5 classes for worship leaders from this year's conference:

1. Effective Pitch Pipe cleaning taught by Stephen Bailey.

2. Cut a Song or Two: How to Create More Time for the Sermon by Mike Cope.

3. Shrink Wrapping for Dummies: Marketing Tips for Selling Your Worship Teams Stuff taught by a guy named Hal I believe.

4. Drawing Stick Figures For the Glory of God: How to Use Art When the Maxwells Are Booked taught by that Hal fellow I'm pretty sure.

5. No More Lamentations: Proper Use of Hair Products taught by Brandon Scott Thomas!

I was really looking forward to the beat boxing class taught by AVB but I heard they canceled last minute because of something their tag said? Wait, maybe they realized that they can't go to church? Or perhaps it was something about a screen door on a submarine...

Oh well. The hair product class rocked!

Overall, I'm loving this sucker!

Just kidding. Okay, so I'm not even there. I'm glad it is going good and you know I've been praying. I love you brother.

But if I was there you know it would be all about the Bamma and the X squared! Talk about a Balm in Gilead!

Gem said...

It was so incredible! I'm still processing it all, in fact. It was nice to meet you, briefly, at the blogger breakfast, frankly I was surprised you had the time and energy to stop by! Rest that throat, gargle some salt water, and take a LONG nap!!