Friday, October 28, 2005


Baby Sam got slighted a bit yesterday with all the pictures of his big sisters. This is a typical expression for Samuel Scott Thomas. Happy, joyful, charismatic, laid back--all these describe this boy. His sisters were making him laugh this morning and I captured this photo of him.

---------------------

A friend called me this week to tell me he'd voted for ZOE after getting the Grammy Nomination forms. I had heard "Desperate" was on there but hadn't opened my forms or logged on to vote yet. We're one of 30 listed under Gospel choirs or special groups in the Christian Music section. If any of the rest of you out there are members of the Recording Academy, check it out and vote. I can't really solicit votes, and, frankly, there's no possible way we'll make it to the next (final) voting stage...but...! Brad--you may be the only one. Vote!

---------------------

Speaking of weird things with ZOE--this is hi-larious...I got this random email from the folks at Gaylord looking for choirs to audition to sing at the opening night for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Show that comes here each year. I noticed that the audition piece had to be unaccompanied so it intrigued me. However, the date is when I'm in TX. Just on a whim I sent an email back to them saying I thought it was a cool idea and to keep us in mind for the future. I attached a clip of "Living Prayer" and "You Were There". The lady called me back saying she loved the songs and had forwarded them to the execs at Gaylord. I was cracking up. They want to work out an alternate time for us to come and sing for them. Now, here's a hi-larious thought--ZOE and the Rocketts!! I've always thought that the key change on "Days of Elijah" needed a kick line. Maybe now's our chance. In all seriousness though,there would never be a more apropos moment to sing "One of these things is not like the other" acappella! (Can't you just imagine the "Spiritual Sword" write-ups?)

------------------

I've been doing really well on my new diet and exercise regimen. So far I think I've lost about 14 pounds. And then...dum dum dum...I'm in Kroger this week and I see my diet nemesis. Eddy's Special Edition Peppermint Ice Cream. The good news is...I didn't eat it in one sitting. The better news is, I ran it off the next day.

-------------------

Tonight, the Crislers are coming over. We're looking forward to spending some time getting to know them better. Tomorrow Sheryl is having a little vacation day. She's using a nice gift package at Blue River Canyon Day Spa (thanks to Stephen and Stephanie Bailey!!) and having lunch with friends. So, I'll be hearing that country song, "Mr. Mom" in my head all day long. Katey is coming to help. It's fall--maybe we'll just throw them all in a pile of leaves and be done with it. Hmmmm. On second thought, perhaps the park would be better.

I hope the weather wherever you are is as beautiful as it is here. This weekend is supposed to be the climax of the leaves changing colors (sorry to all you West Texans--mesquite trees losing their beans just don't count). Sunday night is trunk-or-treat and we've had almost 500 people say they're coming and those are the ones who've RSVP'd!! 109 of those are from our inner-city Lindsley Ave. Daycare. It will be a fun night.

Have a great weekend, blog family!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nothing short of amazing how much Sam's expression in that picture looks like you Brandon!

Oh, and I pretty much laughed out loud singing through the key change "grand finale" of Days of Elijah and envisioning you doing a kickline number. I know there are all kinds of wrong about that.

Love you, brother. Thanks to you and Sheryl for your support of us this week.

Jeff

Phil said...

Turf, you should see me during sound check when they sing DOE. There is a kickline going on...

Beaner said...

I didn't know there was another person out there who used the word 'apropos'! I just used it yesterday! I think it's a $4 word!

Stephen Bailey said...

Great pic! Thanks for sharing. Hope Sheryl has a great day at Blue River!

Malia said...

The pile of leaves thing is really not such a bad idea...at the very least you'll get some great pics!

Brian said...

man Brandon! Sam really does look like you! Well .. a young you, not the you now, but the you from back in the day, you know, before you got old. LOL Just kidding!
Your dad has a beautiful name sake.

Kelly Vaughn said...

We've been out of touch for a couple of weeks, so it was great to see some new pics of the kids...so cute! I think yours and my kids would get along great (lots of costumes!!)
-Randy