Sunday, September 25, 2005

Yesterday we met Geof and Amanda, Lauren and Emily and my mom at Sonic for an outdoor lunch. While we were there this guy walked up to me and said, "Are you Brandon?" (That always terrifies me and makes me want to say, "I didn't do it!") When I told him I was he told me his name and said he used to live on my street in Abilene 25 years ago. Now that's WEIRD. I looked at him and tried to remove 25 years and remembered! He is also a music minister in Nashville. Small, small world.

After lunch we went up to see Geof and Amanda's place. It's so cool! It won't be long til they're both living there--married. The Vickers Family. Amanda Vickers. It's so cool!

Last night it was easier to just stay in (Originally we were bringing the girls up for the Singles' childcare night). We watched "Two Brothers". Even though I had to fast forward through some parts, the girls really loved it. Those tigers were so cute! Thanks for all your suggestions on movies. We've got those stored away.

I'm sitting here this morning listening to "King of Glory, King of Love", which is what we're performing for Christmas at Otter Creek this year. I'm really looking forward to beginning rehearsals. After the ZOE conference, we'll begin.

This morning we're talking about service and I am teaching Clarissa and Michael's new song--"Let Us Be You". (or...Lettuce Baptist University as Chris Yoakum and I liked to call it.)

Have a great day, blog family. It's cool to think that we are joining in fellowship around the table this morning--all ages, all nations, men, and women, the weak and the strong. We are blessed!

4 comments:

D.J. Bulls said...

Brandon,
I have got to say thank you to you and to Clarissa and Michael as well for blessing us with "Let Us be You!" We taught it here at ND this morning and what a blessing...As this church has just placed its last of 140+ hurricane Katrina Victims we were reminded that being Jesus does not just happen in times of diasater...because there are always lonely, wounded and hurting people whom the only Jesus they will ever see will be you and I! How Great is our God!
See you in 10 days!
djb

amanda said...

that reminds me of high school. a few of my friends called me 'vickers...amanda vickers'! ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Brandon,

I can't believe you're doing "King of Glory, King of Love!" That's what we did last Christmas at First Colony in Sugar Land and words cannot describe how awesome the experience was. I am soooo excited for all of the people who will be participating in it this year, as well as those in the audience. It will truly be life-changing! Not to mention the song "King of Love." Jammin'!! Listen to the beginning and see if it doesn't remind you of "Sanford and Son.":)

Miss seeing you guys. Hope to be there this coming Sunday.

Shelli Meador

Katherine said...

That's funny-we sang "Let Us Be You" at Highland yesterday morning-great song!! I look forward to singing it more often...

Be blessed! :)