Friday, September 30, 2005

Thanks for the prayers. We've really needed them. Last night and today have seemed eternal. Ella was miserable all night and her sweet little voice is just a graveled mess right now. She can't even call out for us. So, Sheryl slept next to her and we both tried to tend to her through the night. Maddie continues to say, "Poor ol' Ella". I think it's partially because she feels bad for her and partially because she's very worried about coming down with it herself. (She's a germaphobe like her old man.)

Sam had a rough morning. Poor guy. He cried for about 2 hours straight...all this while my mom had taken Sheryl to the surgery center and Ella was moaning in the other bedroom. He's better this afternoon. (Sheryl is doing GREAT!)

Parenting is tough no matter how you slice it. In the beginning you want to protect them from sickness and there are some things you just can't take away. I imagine that holds true for a lot of other things they'll go through over the next 20+ years. I so desperately want to fix it, but I know I can't.

Meanwhile, ZOE planning is going full steam ahead. Yeee-Hawww! Please, please, please continue to pray for all of us as this week approaches. There's a flurry of activity here, but I so desperately want to have time to be still and KNOW. I really need that this week.

Have a great weekend. PRAISE GOD for this amazing weather!

No comments: