Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sheryl found out yesterday that the stint stays in for another two weeks or so. BOOOOO. We were very disappointed. Please keep praying.

We went to the Williamson County Fair Sunday night--what a blast! The girls even got to ride the huge ferris wheel with Paul Young. It was a great family fun night.

Since Monday night I've had my fill of "creamed corn". I just haven't even been able to bring myself to blog about it. And--I can't. Blog about it. I want to take Sheryl and the girls and move to the Caribbean. Maybe we will. At least it's a nice thought.

(for those of you new to this blog, creamed corn= stresses, issues, irritations, communication problems, or really anything else you want it to mean when it's your blog. HA! Ironically, I really LIKE creamed corn. The term just sort of happened to stick last year in a series of similar blogs related to work stuff. Thanks for playing.)

8 comments:

CL said...

Sorry to hear about Sheryl's stint, let her know we are praying for her. Also praying for your creamed corn my brother!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the stint didn't come out. I'm still praying. Also sorry about the creamed corn. They say stuff will make you big and strong, though!

Katey said...

Don't you want to take Sam with you to the Carribean? I mean, I'll take him if you don't (I love that baby), but I just figured you would want to take your son if you move. :)

Kelly Vaughn said...

BST,

B/C I am new to your blog (only an avid fan since June), you got me on the creamed corn deal. I thought you just ate alot at the County Fair! I thought, "don't they usually sell corn on a stick at county fairs?"

I do love creamed corn...was my batchelor meal of choice...a bag of tortillas and a can of creamed corn! Nothing better! Kelly is grossed out by the stuff; they even have a family joke about some aunt making it every family reunion. We never buy it anymore; occasionally Kelly will want to do something sweet for me and she'll go against all her senses and buy me can. So romantic we are!

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

My thought was the same as Katey - "Hey, what about Sam? Has BST had so much "cream corn" that he's forgotten that he has a little boy now??!!!" HA Seriously, sorry to hear about the stint for Sheryl. Real bummer but don't let Satan get the joy. I know you won't!

I wrote about list of things I like on my blog yesterday and I should have listed cream corn over kernel corn. No question there. Randy (my twin for those who don't know), just know that I'm sending CANS of that wonderful meal as soon as possible to Africa. Keep holding out hope for Kelly.

Clarissa said...

Oh, dear. Your laughter belied your mood. Can't wait to hear more.

believingthomas said...

hey I was number 57000 do I win anything?

Sounds like a rough week, praying it will ease up.

Mark Lowenstein said...

Open Apostle Paul's full can of cream corn,(2 Cor. 11:21-30) taste it and compare his to yours. I do that all the time and think my problems is nothing compared to his, even Christ Jesus! It's the weaknesses that makes us strong!