Thursday, August 25, 2005


Maddie and Ella woke up this morning SO excited about Snoopy Day at school. Today was orientation and they got to go meet their new teachers and see their new classrooms. Maddie couldn't wait to see her school friends and Ella was excited about meeting hers!




Pat Ward is the principal of the Kindergarten and Pre-school. She spoke with the parents as the kids went to their classrooms. Again, I was reminded of what a huge blessing this school and its teachers are to all of us! (not to mention how big Jeremy Hiett's head really is)





Maddie has Mrs. Fisher this year. She's been at the Otter Creek school for over 20 years. She's a wonderful teacher and we're so glad Maddie has her.






One of the coolest things is that Maddie and Sydney Williamson (seated next to Maddie here) get to be in the same class. Maddie is really excited about that. She was also glad to see her other school friends back after the summer. Especially Ellen, seated on the other side of her.






Ella's teacher is Miss Betsy. Miss Betsy is such a fun teacher. She sparkles--perfect for Ella! Ella went in to her class without even looking back. She is SO excited to be going to school this year and to be riding in Daddy's car!








Phil Keaggy was INCREDIBLE last night. He is always so real and honest. I love how he ministers. Oh, and, uh...I guess he can play the guitar a little. UNBELIEVABLE--that guy smokes. I am always re-amazed (yes, made up word) at his abilities. I got to sit with Burnadette (his wife) and made funny comments. It was also fun for my mom to be here to see him--her first time. If you've ever seen Phil--you know how he plays and samples his own playing or singing and then plays it back and sings or plays over what he just recorded. It's unreal. Ella got to go up and say "hi" into the guitar mic and Phil sampled it to make a percussive beat. It was fun!

I think this might have been Phil's 6th or 7th summer to play at Otter. He's become a good friend. I love that he is the real deal. He cares more about ministry than his reputation.

Sheryl's surgery was set for a week from today. She'll have to stay the night at the hospital. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, my goodness. I just realized that Maddie's teacher, who has been at OC for so long, started since I was there! Wow, do I feel old. Well, older.

Prayers for Sheryl for next week, and for the rest of you while she recuperates.

Beaner said...

I see you deleted a part of your post - good call. From your last post, I thought your response was wonderful & I wished I could respond to criticism like you did - then the sarcasm came. Don't we ALL struggle with that? I'm glad to see you being REAL (even if we'll never REALLY know you through a blog) Praying for your family & esp. Sheryl!

Generous Kitchen said...

Happy first day of school to your sweet girls.

I'm proud of you.

You're a good friend, a head-over-heels-in-love-with-his-wife husband, and a precious father.

Now, about that bloated ego... :)

Katie said...

What a blessing for Ella to have Miss Betsy!! She is a sweet & fun lady with a passion for children and the Lord!