Friday, July 29, 2005






Wow. That is all I can say about the Michael Buble concert Wednesday. UNREAL! It was possibly the best concert I have ever been to. His band was incredible. The horn players were amazing. He was hilarious too. We had such a great night with the Speakes and we're SO thankful to Katey for keeping the kids. Thank you, KATEY!!

Regressing to funny Maddie moments...the other day I was driving them to lunch and I just had a burp that had to come out. It just had to. It was a very satisfying, long, sustained burp. I was quite proud. Now, mind you, I don't do this in front of the children very often (don't believe anything Sheryl says). But it was one of those that had to be expressed and savored. HA. So--from the back seat I hear Maddie exclaim, "Whoa! You better get that out, boy!" I don't know why it did, but it cracked me up so hard that I almost had to pull over. "Boy"? Funny.






Yesterday I got to spend an hour or so over lunch with some old friends from TX. Lindy Cabe was my vocal coach while I performed at Six Flags Over Texas back in 1993. Later we worked together performing at Casa Manana Theater in Fort Worth. She and her husband, Jakie, live in Fort Worth and I never get to see them. It was so fun seeing Lindy but we missed seeing Jakie. My other friend, Gary Floyd, lived here for a while before moving back to Dallas. He is such an amazing singer. Both of them are. They are here doing a show with "Incredible Productions" out at the Opryland Hotel. We had such a great time laughing and telling stories. It was a real blessing to get to be with them again.

The latest on Sheryl is that we're still waiting until Tuesday for her procedure. Her mom and dad are coming in on Monday. I'm glad they're coming. I know they're concerned. We just can't even go there. We're trusting that this is a small thing that can be easily fixed. Please continue to pray for her.

The news on Sheryl's brother, David, is not good. We're waiting to learn more. Thank you for your prayers about him.



And, finally, I spent the day mastering the recording yesterday with Jim Falzone at Venus Mastering. Praise the LORD! It is done and ready to be duplicated. I hope you'll order one from the ZOE site. I feel really good about the project this year. I feel even better now that it's done!

Have a great weekend, blog family.

8 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Congrats on finishing mix and master! Glad you had such a good time last night. Pray for us this weekend. The Quile storm is blowing into Trophy Club. I'm really excited to have them here. Comtinued prayers for Sheryl and her brother. Keep us posted.

Jacinda said...

Sheryl will be in my prayers. We recently went through a scary time with Chris but the last doctor's visit went very well and we're feeling better about things. (Thank you God!) We understand worrying about health concerns and will be thinking of you!

Jenni said...

Definitely still praying for Sheryl and David.

So excited to hear that the new CD is finished! I ordered mine a few weeks ago and can't wait to get it!!

Beaner said...

Your friend, Lindy was just reminding you where your diaphram was, right? ;-)

Deb said...

Sheryl and Dave nd your families are in our prayers. We pray God's strength will bless while He carries David.

Love ya!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Beaner--that's funny! "Now...breathe from HERE."

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us bring Sheryl and David before the throne.

As for the CD I ordered mine I believe it was over a month ago, and I agree the samples are wonderful.

JCH<><

Peggy N Texas said...

Great to hear it is done! I have not ordered my as my is coming! I am anxiously waiting for it! I have sent you my mailing address by e-mail. Can't wait to get it!
Have any other contests coming? I liked winning!

On a more serious note, my prayers are with you and your families. I have brought them to the throne and asked God to intervene on your behalf. Thanks for the opportunity to prayer for your families.

In Him, Peggy