Thursday, July 07, 2005

How devastating to wake up to the carnage in London. I just don't understand what makes people think they have the right to destroy innocent lives like that. I pray that God will provide peace and comfort for all those families. Lee Camp from Otter Creek has a bunch of students from Lipscomb over there this summer. All were on their way to different internships and jobs. Most were traveling the transit system. All are accounted for and ok. Thank the Lord!

Jim Williams had some good things to say last night. It's always good to be reminded of what our kids need from us. It made me thankful to be married to Sheryl who is constantly looking for tools and ways to be a better parent. She's an inspiration to me.

We're preparing to sing at Lipscomb tonight. We'll still be doing stuff from our Desperate theme from this year. It was great to be with the full team last night (except for Peter). We haven't all been together in a couple of months.

Another upcoming ZOE event-- this will be the first year for the Williamson County Fair. At least, they're making a big deal about it being the inaugural year. Anyway, on Sunday night August 7, there will be a big night of worship. Diamond Rio and others are involved and ZOE will be leading some worship as well. Worship at the fair? With cotton candy? What could be better? (Actually, I have no idea how that will work--we'll see.)

The girls went to their Nonnie's house this morning and then were going with Sheryl to play with Lea Brown at the pool. It's one of those days that I'm wishing I was on vacation and could go with them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great...just what we all need. An already overly-energetic BST leading worship with a mic in one hand and a gigantic roll of bubble gum flavored cotton candy in the other. It could give new meaning to "He has turned my mourning into dancing." Look out Williamson County.

Tony Arnold said...

Brandon,

Two of the students who are members of our life group are with Lee, Elizabeth Hollman and Caleb Rucker. Elizabeth was featured in this mornings Tennessean. She just barely missed being at one of the bomb sites. Caleb is a nephew of Ed Rucker and roomate of another OC member, Kris Hatchell.

Tony

Stephen Bailey said...

Because I love you, I implore you to re-read Keith's comment above. Are you going to be showing your pigs at the fair?

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Stephen Bailey, don't you even start with me. You know better. We have WAAAY too much dirt on each other to be spilling out things like Brandon used to show pigs (and had a grand champion hog, I might add). Let's see...what should I start with in my Stephen Bailey fun facts file???

Stephen Bailey said...

TRUCE!