Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Last night we went to my mom's house and took some dessert. The girls played and I changed Mom's air filters. While we were there we discovered the photo albums. The album of pictures when I was Maddie's age created some giggles with the girls. Here are a couple of pictures we found...



See? I've always had this hair style.



That last one looks like a head shot from "Hee-Haw". It's a wonder I wear shoes at all and have all my teeth.

After we put the girls in bed I had all this nervous energy. I compiled a list of the birth guesses. (This is what happens when you're nervously awaiting the first glimpse of your son!) Here's what we have so far. Some have already expired. Sorry!

May 29, 8.1--Phil
May 31, 10.0-Mom
June 1, 8.5--Ginger Handy
June 1, 8.9--Fajita
June 2, 9.2--Debbie
June 2, 9.8--Stephen
June 3, 8.7--Beaner
June 3, 9.7--Karen
June 4, 8.0--Jenni
June 4, 8.2--Cousin Janie
June 4, 8.12-Janet Garza
June 4, 9.6--Stephanie
June 4, 9.7--Ed Harrell
June 5, 7.14-Craig Fisher
June 5, 8.7--Andrew Battistelli
June 5, 8.11-Mark Lowenstein
June 5, 9.4--Katherine
June 5, 10.2-Deb
June 6, 8.6--Peg C
June 6, 8.6--TL
June 6, 9.2 1/2--Amy Westerman
June 6, 10.4-Rob Cox
June 6, 11.0-Clarissa
June 7, 12:03am, 8.4--Jeremy Houck (Sheryl cursed you!!)
June 7, 9.4 1/2--Zac (Screetch still hasn't reported his guess)
June 10, 8.9--Tim Castle (are you crazy??)

I'll add mine in by saying June 6, 9.8 12:15pm. I know no one else cares about this as much as I do, but it sure is fun to think about! (Sheryl has a good doc appt this morning. It could be before Monday, but I'm still guessing Monday.)

Lastly, thanks for the comments yesterday. The reality is, email communication pretty much sucks. Admit it. There's no emotion, it's hard to tell tone of voice, and it's impersonal. Perhaps their questions are coming from sincerity. I doubt it. But, it's just another good lesson in communication. If there are questions that important to ask, and if they mean anything to you, pick up the phone and have a conversation. Or, better yet, have a face to face.

I got a response this morning from them after answering their questions with more questions. Here's what they said..."We are a patient body of individuals. We reserve our endorsement for the privilege of your answers, or that of another in authority within your group."

Glad they're patient cause they probably won't be hearing from me again. Maybe Larry can take this one on! Go, Larry!

Tonight we begin our Summer Series--TGI Wednesday!



For worship, Clarissa is playing keys, Michael LuSK is acoustic, Jason Patrick is perc, and Sheryl, Amanda, Philip Henry and I will be singing. Our speaker is Lisa Harper who used to be the Women's Outreach director at Focus on the Family. She began the "Renewing the Heart" conferences that some of you may have attended. She lives here in Nashville and has the reputation of being a fantastic speaker and teacher. I know we'll be blessed by hearing from her. If you're near Nashville, come join us! Dinner at 6pm and then we begin worship at 7pm.

14 comments:

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

Great pics!

My guess is June 6th and that he will weigh 9 2.5 just like Luke!

Can't wait for them to play together!

LOVE!

AW

Drew Battistelli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Drew Battistelli said...

June 5th... 8 lbs. 7 oz.

The "In Christ Alone" song list looks excellent! May God bless the conference this year even more than in years past.

Clarissa said...

Brandon ... I normally wouldn't be this picky (YEAH RIGHT), but since I've seen this mistake at least three different times ... it's Michael LUSK, not Luck or Lucks. Got it?

From yer frend.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

dear Clorissa,
Duh! I know that. I never promised to be a great typer. Geez-o-pete. Can't wait to sing and play with you and Mikal tonight.

Katherine said...

Wait-you're using instruments?! I can no longer endorse you...;)

OK, I might as well weigh in now (ha!): here is my guess: June 5th, 8.7 pounds-good luck and God bless!

Drew Battistelli said...

Katherine! I just guessed that above.. We can't have the same guess, unless you want the first 6 tracks of the CD and I'll take the 2nd part of the CD.. haha =)

Tim Castle said...

Okay, I'll have to put in a guess, and risk a curse from Sheryl.... June 10th, 8:21 p.m., 8 pounds, 9 ounces.

That would make Sam my twin, removed by 41 years. He'll probably start out with more hair than I have now, though.

Anonymous said...

All these pictures I have seen of you lately are a hoot!! Keep posting them. I think the first one from last night is fabulous!!

COME ON SHERYL, there is still 8 hours left in June 1st for a win FOR ME!!! Do you all have a trampoline you jump on???

Honestly,
blessings and prayers for an uneventful delivery and a happy healthy baby!!

ginger

Jenni said...

Such a cute little boy - and you haven't changed all that much!

I'll post a guess, too -- for my sister's wedding day: June 4, evening, 8.0 pounds

Deb said...

Yep, that's the li'l fella I used to cuddle (not to worry, Sheryl!). As for those curlz, are noogies still allowed? One of my favourite reasons for going to Minter Lane when I was an ACU student was getting to be with my little buddy, Brandon the Scott. Wow, how time goes by, eh?

And couldn't Bro Holbert just turn the purplest red??? What a fun trip down mintery lane today!

Thanks for the updates ... you and Sheryl stay cool. Wish I could be in church with you tonight. Love ya!

Clarissa said...

I think you should take (and post) a really good tummy profile picture of Sheryl. These people guessing 8 pounds will guess again!!

So glad that the end is near, no matter the date. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Anonymous said...

Brandon thanks for an incredible night of worship at the OC...or the Creek as you referred to it tonight!!! I was laughing internally when you said that we were about to sing the NaNa song cause it didn't make me think of the Every Move I Make praise song but the old VBS song Jesus Loves Me (Nana na na na na na and so on if you remember it)...with a little hip twist to it...

***Baby Prediction is June 7 at 9 4.5. I was a big baby and weighed 9lbs 11.5oz man to think what my mom had to endure...Haha...Have an awesome week man
-Zac-

Katherine said...

Sorry Andrew! I didn't even notice, and I don't like sharing so I will make a new guess! ;) I'll even up it a little bit-same date, 9.4-there ya go! God bless~