Sunday, May 15, 2005

We had a great weekend together. Friday night my mom graciously kept the girls and allowed us to go out on a date. We had a blast with Mary Ann and Daniel Green and Brian and Tara Layton. It has been a long time since we have been out with the Greens and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening. We ate at what is quickly becoming one of my favorite Nashville restaurants--El Texano. It's run by a Hispanic family from Texas who makes authentic TEXAS BBQ. Brisket, ribs, sausage. It's awesome! And--it's in Nolensville. The Greens are trying to convince us to move south and join them in Nolensville. Who knows? Maybe we'll do it sometime.

Yesterday we spent the day enjoying our family and playing. It was great to be home and great to be together. Last night Maddie told me that I was "the King" and I asked her who she was. She replied, "A big scary woman". I'm not real sure what that meant but it made me laugh really hard.

This morning we're focusing on the healing of the paralytic. I think it will be a great morning. Tonight is our monthly Celebration service. We're going to do a repeat of sorts of the late night at Pepperdine that focused around the desperate theme. I'm looking forward to it.

Today is Kellie Curtis Miller's birthday and tomorrow is Amanda Brooks McKinney and Kyle Dickson's birthday. All three of these friends have meant a great deal to me. Happy birthday, friends!

This week is the Emergent Convention here in Nashville. I'll be sitting at the feet of Brian McLaren, Tony Compollo, Dan Kimball, and others. I can't wait! I'll be sure and let you know how it goes. If you're coming out for the conference, let me know. Matt--we need to be sure and get together!

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Hey, you don't know me but everyone seems to link to your blog so I checked it out. I do know that girl in the picture below this post, Amanda B-M. She and I were at ACU together. Which brings me to why I am writing. I wanted to thank you for all your memories of ACU. I was also a Gamma Sig, and was in the homecoming musical every year. In fact, my wife, Amanda (Curtis) said that she was one of the kids in The King and I, and remembers having to take school pictures that year with a deep, unatural tan. Anyway, it just struck me how similar and similarly great our experiences at ACU were. My best friends there are still mine today. Even though we were there 10 years apart, thanks for taking me down memory lane. PS, Lori Smothers is my dad's cousin.

Beaner said...

Brandon - bet that made you feel OLD!!!! ;-)

Stephen Bailey said...

Lori Smothers is his dad's cousin...hmmm...Lori Smothers.

Matt Elliott said...

I'm pumped about it, too, Brandon. See you soon!