Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Since Maddie's class at school spent time on Mommies a few weeks ago, they graciously allowed a day or two for dear old dad this week. Maddie came home with a card written in Miss Dele's beautiful calligraphy. Neither of us could make it all the way through the card without busting out in laughter.

"My Daddy"

"My Daddy's name is 'Dad' and he is 40 years old. (Excuse me???) He sorta looks like Mommy! (um...) His favorite restaurant is McDonald's because his favorite food is french fries. Green is his favorite color. He likes to play with me and go on dates with Mommy. My Dad's job is to work on a 'keyboard' (piano) and 'work with clothes'. (that's the part that we totally cracked up at.) At church, his job is singing. I love my Daddy!!"

I love to hear random extemporaneous thoughts from 3 year olds. I am glad she knows I love to play with her and I am glad she also knows that I like spending time with "Mommy".

So--American Idol last night...I might have to eat my words (hush, Deanna). In my opinion, Bo was the best last night. In fact, my girl, Carrie, might have been third. Not sure. It's going to be really close. What I love about Vonzell is her spirit. Carrie's voice is so amazing, but she seems to sometimes lack the emotional connection to the song that Vonzell has. That's such a huge thing.

This morning the girls came in and crawled into bed. I was a Daddy sandwich. They are both so cuddly and love to snuggle. There's no better way to wake up.

Emergent continues today. Yesterday and this morning, the critical concerns courses have been going. I'm looking forward to the main conference starting this afternoon. More on that later.

Baby Sam! He's almost here! If not before, then one week from today we'll be at the hospital having Sam. Yee-Haw!

PS: please pray for Craig Powell...long time friend of Stephen Bailey (see Stephen's blog)

2 comments:

SG said...

ONE WEEK! Oh my! Go see all the movies you can (suggestion on my blog today about that) and go on lots of dates this week. I am so happy for you guys. I can't believe that Sam is almost here! How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

BST...I enjoy reading your long-winded (although enjoyable) blogs. It keeps us in touch with the OC. I didn't realize that your little boy was coming so soon. God bless you guys with the arrival of Sam. And, God bless the rest of us that there will be a Brandon Jr. :-)

Keith Brooks