Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cold and rainy. Cold and rainy. Cold and rainy.

We had a star sighting yesterday down at the Malibu Country Mart. Nick Cage came in to get coffee. My friend, Sally, was proud of herself for not creating a scene. He's a small little guy and sorta goofy. Who knew?

Our class time yesterday went well. I always love hearing Mike speak. Late night last night went well too. It's always amazing to me how hearing the Word of God read aloud can be so very encouraging. I had a chance to visit with some people and I know it was more of a blessing to me than it was to them.

Please pray for Sally today. She is sharing something very difficult in a forum here. I want to tell you about it, but I'd need her permission. It's a topic we desperately need to learn to talk about in our churches.

I miss my family--a lot. It's not the same out here without them. I've been coming here a lot of years and part of the fun is the family craziness. It doesn't seem fun at the time, but it really is. I got to talk to my girls last night and it made me really homesick. Talking to Sheryl was such a blessing too. I miss her! She seems to be doing well. Thanks for your prayers.

We're doing class again this afternoon-- "By Their Scars You Shall Know Them". Mike always delivers such a word of hope and healing. I love being a part of that class. Tonight we'll do another late night (9pm West Coast time, 11pm to my body--brutal). We're continuing the theme of this years conference tonight--"Desperate". I expect it to be another powerful time of worship.

If anyone is in Nashville, tell Tim Woodroof to call me! Have a great day--

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Rainy in Fresno too. What are the odds.

In the midst of my jealousy, you are all still in my prayers. I know you will be lifted up in your time together.

Brandon, my first experience at Pepperdine came last summer during a week-long institute. I was away from my family, but also at the disadvantage of knowing NOBODY else there. Thus all the time in the Internet Cafe. I know how much you must miss the girls. Hang in there...enjoy the family that IS there with you...and rest assured that they are safe in the palm of God's mighty hand.

julie said...

Brandon, I love your friend Sally who is becoming my friend. We keep promising to go to lunch together but we decided to wait until May because we were both always too busy. She usually sits in front of us at second service every Sunday but we think we may have been sisters in another life.
Next year I plan to go to Pepperdine again. May God bless your time there....interaction with people, leading worship, and fun times with old friends.
grace, Julie