Monday, April 04, 2005

Yesterday was a great day. After church we went over to Byron and Beth Williamson's for lunch (Ryan's parents). They've been like family for many years. Ryan's sister, Shelly, and her husband, Adrian, are here picking out things for their house. They are moving here in a couple of months. It will really be so fun to finally have them all in one city! Adrian is chief resident at a hospital in Kansas City. He's moving here to work at one of our Nashville hospitals. I always love talking to him because he ALWAYS has a good story for me.

Yesterday afternoon the singers came over to work on stuff for our trip to Colorado this week. It was a very productive rehearsal. Man--Sheryl and Amanda could just do the entire thing singing solos and it would be incredible. We're doing part of the time acapella and the rest with piano and guitar. It's a little different from what we normally do. Friday morning we'll sing and lead worship for the school there and then that night we'll sing at the formal dinner there in Steamboat. The night thing will be more presentational. We do that from time to time and it's always a little hard to make the transition. But I think it will be a really cool night.

Last night we had life group. Kyle led the discussion on joy. I was outside on kid duty. Judson Chaudoin and I played ball and had so much fun. I apologized to Jay and Kim when we went inside saying that Jud was muddy, sweaty and bloody. It gave me a taste of what it will be like to have a son. It's so crazy how instinctively different they are. Judson takes risks that Maddie and Ella would never take (well, maybe Ella would!). He was swinging on the tree swing at the top of our yard twisting and turning upside down swinging his light saber, he dove for the ball as we played, rolling down the hill, he would fall and skin his knee and get right back up. I honestly was taking it all in thinking about what Sam might be like. We're in for even more fun in the days ahead!

After group sharing time, I went back in and we noticed that our new neighbors, Jason and Anna Maria were walking down the street. I went out and asked them to come in and join us. The group really loved having them there. I sat at the piano and played and we worshipped for a little while and then circled around them and prayed for their family and their new life here. We talked afterwards about the possibility of them coming regularly and using our group for some fellowship time for the people they are reaching out to in Antioch. I am really excited about that possibility.

As I write, Sheryl is at the baby doctor. I am hopeful that we'll have some more information after this visit. These feelings of contractions--what are they? Are they contractions? We need to know. Thanks for your continued prayers. Please keep praying for the Shaubs too. Jonathan's 25th birthday is Thursday. He could use some encouragement.

Have a great Monday! Have I mentioned that I love Mondays? Karen Carpenter has no clue. It's my favorite day of the week. I have all day to be with my family. I pray that your Monday is filled with joy.

2 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Hey Buddy,

So exciting to think about Sam rolling down hills and playing ball and just generally boy-ing his way around your house! Praying about Colorado.

Stephen

Clarissa said...

I prayed for Sheryl and Sam as I was out and about today. Hoping they're just Braxton-Hicks contractions. He needs to keep cooking! And she doesn't have time for bedrest! Update us.