Sunday, April 17, 2005

I woke up Friday morning with my shoulders and neck feeling completely seized. I tried massage, hot tub, Advil, pain killers, hanging from a bar at the gym (which gave me the most relief, I might add), and so far nothing has really helped. I felt awful while we recorded this weekend. However, I kept thinking about Sheryl and tried to keep my mouth shut. She's such a trooper.

Recording went very well. We finished all the group songs. "You Were There" took us all day Saturday. It was quite difficult, but I am really excited about the outcome. Thanks again to Kiki and my mom for helping with the girls--and Steve and Karen Speake who entertained them on Friday. Apparently, Maddie and Ella spent the time dressing up Steve in their princess attire. How I would have LOVED to have a picture of that!

Today is Sheryl's shower for baby Sam. I am so excited!! We have only about 6 more weeks to go and it seems really hard to believe! We were out with people from our old life group last night celebrating Jeff McInturff's birthday and we were all laughing at how our lives have changed. Rusty and Andrea Bragg are about to have another boy this week, Chad and Elizabeth Milom are having another child right after and then Sheryl. There were kids running all over that room screaming with delight. I still remember when Maddie was the only child in our life group and people would squirm when she screamed. Some people hate to hear it, but the phrase, "You'll understand when you have kids" is really so appropriate. They will and they do!

Tonight is Celebration Sunday--a time of worship and praise. We're going to encourage people to read aloud from their scriptures tonight. We're singing songs of praise and thankfulness and then giving open mic times through out. I'll let you know how it goes. We've done that before and it's been a real blessing.

Have a great Sunday!

Order of Worship
Welcome--Tim Woodroof
Family Prayer
meet and greet

Praise and Worship--BST
--God is the Fountain Whence
--You Are Worthy of My Praise
--All In All
--A Shield About Me
Teaching--Tim Woodroof (John 3:13-18)
--He Is Mighty to Save
--How Deep the Father's Love
Teaching--Tim Woodroof
--Healing Grace
Lord's Supper--BST
--Responsive Reading
--Shepherd's blessing--Steve Adams
--Here I am to Worship (vs 1 and both choruses and the tag--everything but vs 2)
Bread and Cup
Offering
Ministry Moment-Mark Ott (Sanctuary)
Close- BST
--I Belong to Jesus

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BST Hope you are feeling better this morning. I have been sick the last week and think that I am finally beginning to get over it. Encouraging to hear the progress of the new worship album - I am certain those times with each of them are very special moments in your life.

Joel said...

Brandon Scott,

You are an amazing man I just want you to know that I love you and I hope you back, neck, & shoulders get to feeling better quick.

I'll be praying for the new project. Does it have a name yet? (sorry if I missed it...)

I wanted to tell you that your boys (GSP) did an amazing job this weekend. Check out my blog if you get a minute as I bragged on them on Friday.

Have a great week brother.

Thurman8er said...

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.

Say it ain't so. How can my "little sister" Andrea be having another baby? Just how old AM I anyway???

PLEASE give her and Rusty my love next time you see them and let them know that I am praying for them, as I am for you guys.

Steve

SG said...

Feel better my friend! Hope you guys are showered with tons of great boy stuff! :) And yea, next time you are in Texas I will pass on a sack of boy clothes!