Sunday, April 24, 2005

Friday night we were HOME. Ahhhhh, home. What a nice change. Twila Paris went late doing her vocals so I switched my schedule to record yesterday during the afternoon while the girls were napping. We spent much of the morning cleaning and working on finishing touches for Sam's room. Sheryl nailed a rope lasso all the way around the room above the chair rail. It looks so cool. The cowboy theme is almost complete!

Since Mom has never been in town while we recorded I invited her out to see the studio and get a feel for what it's like. She brought her book and sat in the nice leather couch in the engineering room and watched Chris work his magic. The session went well and we are now officially DONE recording. Praise the Lord above.

This morning we are studying the woman at the well section of John. The theme this morning is living water. I think it will be a very encouraging. It's also Sheryl's last day on praise team for a while. Probably QUITE awhile! Tonight we have life group. I hope our neighbors will come.

I hope you all have a very uplifting day of worship. I remember Mike Cope saying once that sometimes we allow our worship services to dictate how much we worship. Some places have dry, boring worship while other places have energetic, upbeat worship. Whatever the case, God is still God. Even if you're in a place where you're singing Night With Ebon Pinion reeeeeaaaaaallly slow, He is still the same God and still as exciting, holy, full of mystery, love, and grace. Let's lift up His name this morning!

Here's our order of worship:

Welcome—Tim Woodroof
Family prayer
Meet and greet

Praise and Worship—BST
--At the Name of Jesus
--All Hail the Power
Reading (Jer. 2:13, John 7:37-38, Rev 7:17)
Prayer
--Send Your Rain (chorus to the end)
--All Who Are Thirsty
--It Is Well With My Soul (verses 1,2)
--Jesus, Flow Like A River (Hymnal)

Teaching—Tim Woodroof
--Who Can Satisfy (Sheryl starts with solo)
--There Is A Fountain (…filled with blood drawn from Immanuel’s veins” vs one only)

Supper
Offering

Ministry Moment
Shepherd’s Close and Blessing
--It Is Well With My Soul (last verse)

PS: Someone asked last week about the meet and greet time--the focus of that is always just getting people up and into each others' space. It's hard to really enter into worship when you haven't spoken to or even acknowledged the people around you. We encourage people to get up and introduce themselves to those around them realizing that we are all about to enter into a very important and heartfelt time of worship.

Rick--Scott Owings has a great book of ideas for Emergent Worship. I will get the title and post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tim Castle said...

Today is our second of two "Children's Emphasis Sundays," which we do annually. Today we're recognizing and showing appreciation for our teachers. My son, John, is participating in a short skit, and my daughter, Natalie is leading a prayer.

I only mention it because I had briefly considered putting "Night With Ebon Pinion" into the song service, just to yank a few chains. But if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you can survive doing things to irritate the elderly, but don't you DARE do anything to take away from the kids!

Thurman8er said...

Hey, Brandon. I heard that Rusty and Andrea had their baby. Please give them my love and kiss that lil baby head one time for me. Thanks, brother!

Steve