Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Feeling awful today, but here are a couple of sites of interest.

Click here to read Brian McLaren's review on the movie, Hotel Rwanda. (Thanks for that link, Sunny!) Awesome stuff here.

News on my buddy Jeff Johnson in Crosswalk today. Check it out.

More American Idol tonight. Even the flu can't keep me from it.

One last thing-- I wrote today on the Wineskins page a brief thing about the song "All Who Are Thirsty" which we sang Sunday at Otter Creek. Do we really mean those words? Doesn't that have an impact on our discussions last week?

1 comment:

Matt Elliott said...

Man, that McClaren article is SMOKIN'!! "Hotel Rwanda" was my movie of the year, too -- "Passion of the Christ" not withstanding. I was deeply moved at the change in this very ordinary man's heart -- how he saved over 1200 lives by loving his neighbors, by taking the next right step even though he didn't know how it would end up (makes me think of Nehemiah), and by doing his best at what he did best: being a good hotel manager. There are many, many lessons of the eternal variety to learn from this amazing story.

I'd love to see Don Cheadle win the "Best Actor" Oscar, by the way. Probably can't stop the Jamie Foxx momentum, though.