Thursday, February 03, 2005

brusha-brusha
brusha-brusha
brush your teeth
brush your teeth
teeth are very special
teeth are very special
and they're free
and they're free.

Just a little song to the tune of "Are You Sleeping". I have to say--my NEW dentist ROCKS. R-O-C-K! It was like the exact opposite from my last visit. Of course I desperately tried to crawl under the carpet back to the chair for fear I'd see the other guy. I was really embarrassed. The very sweet assistant took great care with her work and the Dr. was just awesome. The way he did the deadening didn't even hurt. Praise the Lord! He had to re-do everything and I still have a temporary, but even so--it was a pleasant experience. Not many people can say that. I'd love to advertise his name, but then you'd know who the other guy is and I don't want to be responsible for that.

We had a great rehearsal with ZOE last night. We're working on our new record. I'd love some song ideas if you have some. Clarissa was with us and played some things she's arranged and we worked on several others. Some of the ones we're thinking through and working on are:
Sing to the King
Resonate
Holy is the Lord
Hungry
You Raise Me Up
Living Water
More Than Enough
How Great is Our God
Living Prayer (Alison Krauss)
Children of the Living God
Beautiful One

Any ideas? Please share if you have one or have written one. We've got a couple of original tunes we're working on too. They're pretty cool.

We're (ZOE) also preparing to go to Abilene in a couple of weeks. We're leading at the main lecture every night and at Highland on the morning of the 20th. It will be a fun week.

Please keep Sheryl in your prayers. She has had a back problem for the better part of 17 years. No doctor has ever been able to diagnose it or really offer her help. It seems to come and go at will. Anyway--she is dealing with it again and it's really wearing. She had a hard night last night. Thank you for your prayers there.

My mom got to serve communion last night at our emergent style service. I am so glad Scott used her. I know she is hungry to do things like that. She has also signed on with a couple of other ladies from Otter Creek to be room mothers to a class at an inner city elementary school. A lot of you know JV who sings and travels with us as well as Lea Brown. They both teach in the inner city and have some great stories. I am sure it will provide some fun and poignant moments for Mom's blog later.

Have a great Thursday, everyone. The Lord is good. Take a minute to still your heart this morning and remember His kindness towards us.

10 comments:

Beaner said...

I love the song "Beautiful One". That will rock. A song suggestion for you is "Restore Me" by Jason Ingram. I think it would be a great a capella piece! I like the idea of God restoring us through Jesus to what we were meant to be. And it's a continual process. Thanks for letting us share in the process of song selection with you!

SG said...

I second the "Breathe" suggestion. I have been playing old Amy Grant tapes... yes TAPES... this week. Not sugesting it for Zoe but my kids and I have started a new love affair with the song "Fat Baby". I may try to be in Abliene for church on the 20th! How fun!

Clarissa said...

Oh, yeah, after that comment, I think you should for sure do You Raise Me Up (or "You Raise My Up" as you put on the list you gave me.) And you need to bring in Phillip and make him sing the high part since he's apparently so fond of the song.

Fajita said...

Would some old U2 stuff play well acappella? :-)

I know we're visiting for the Nashville conference, but that is like a hundred years away. I hope to plan a trip sooner than that.

Peace.

Val said...

By the way, if you were wondering which worship leader got bumped to make room for Zoe, that would be me. I would do it again, too, and twice on Sunday. Well, actually it would be twice on Sunday, but you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

How about "I want to be like you" by FFH
Erin

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Val-
I'd much rather have you do it! Or--maybe we should get our "ten tenors" act together with Stephen and the rest and really shock some people that day.

Katherine said...

Can't wait for you to be in Abilene-I know it will be an uplifting time for everyone! I've written a couple of songs, but I don't know how good they would be on a CD...maybe one day...

I know how back problems go, I have a herniated disk and it is a major pain!! I will definitely be praying for her...

Keep up the great blogging...and God bless!

Chris said...

okay - this is me groveling - pleaseohpleaseohplease do 'Our Great God' as performed by Fernando Ortega and Mac Powell. Groveling completed. Thank you for your attention...:)

Adam said...

There's a great song that we sang at Refuge and I think they sing it at Sanctuary as well. It's "Tender Mercy" and the only CD I know it's recorded on is Dave Hunt's Crying Out -- Dave's the campus minister at Belmont University. www.refugeworship.com