Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Many prayers have been lifted over the last couple of days for Chris, Austin, Julie, the Bourlands and all those involved in the horrible car wreck near Abilene. I don't know about you but I've just been heavy with this whole thing--thinking about Julie and what she'll have to live with, thinking about the loss the Bourlands are dealing with, thinking about Diane on that flight to Fort Worth thinking back to a flight with Megan over 10 years ago. There is so much to be thankful for, though. I am so thankful that Chris is ok. I am so thankful that if that had to happen, it happened in a community where the love of Christ runs so deep.

Chris is better this morning. They took the tube out and he's aware and processing what happened. He's surrounded by people who love him. The funeral for Brody is also today. Let's remember them.

It's caused me to look at my family differently. I hugged on Maddie and Ella and Sheryl yesterday more than usual. At dinner as we prayed, I confessed a realization that every moment--EVERY moment--is a gift. We aren't guaranteed any amount of time. I want to drink in each laugh, each giggle, each wink, each hug, every "watch this, daddy", and every moment with my sweet girls. The thought of losing one of them is more than I can bear. I just grieve for the Bourlands. God, comfort them in a way that we cannot even imagine.

I am feeling harried as I finish plans for the West Coast Conference. Mike won't be joining us for obvious reasons. It won't be the same. I have much to do today to get back on track and ready to leave on Thursday morning.

One last thing--there's a new compilation worship CD out there you might want to check out. ZOE is on it along with others like Darlene Zschech, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Third Day and others. (They took one of the songs off our last recording and stuck it on there) It's called "Jesus"


2 comments:

Phil said...

Thanks for the updates, Brandon. Hope Fresno goes well.

Phil said...

Thanks for the updates, Brandon. Hope Fresno goes well.