Saturday, January 29, 2005

I sent out the letter I've been working on all week yesterday afternoon to our praise team members--over 70 in all. We are entering an exciting new phase and calling them to step up a little more fully. I am so blessed to have these amazing people to work with. Please be praying for me as I lead these gifted men and women and attempt to help us all be better leaders.

Last night we had a family outing to Cosco! Woo-hoo! We went with the Williamsons and made a party out of it. Our kids are so hilarious together.

Today we are working on the "big girl beds". Sheryl has constructed these BEAUTIFUL Victorian style beds for the girls. They are really excited. We'll see how sharing a bedroom goes. My guess is it will be a long process of getting used to it.

We are going to Belmont tonight at 6pm. Come join us for some awesome praise and worship. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Dwiggy444 said...

Hey Brandon -

I'm very big on drawing encouragement from "It Could Be Worse" thinking - when I'm bummed about all of the work I need to do on my house, I try to remind myself that I HAVE a house and that there are many many people around the world who call huts and underpasses and shopping carts their home. It's my way of counting my blessings. Anyhow...

Your comments about leading your praise team had the same "It Could Be Worse" effect on me. I've been struggling a lot with feelings of inadequacy as a worship leader and wondering if maybe I need to step down, take a break, whatever. But your post reminded me that my petty struggles are just that - petty. I've got a great team to lean on and because they are a small team (12 singers in all), leading them is relatively easy. God has entrusted me with this "small thing" because He knows I can handle it and will give me the strength I need to thrive and succeed. I'm not mature enough or talented enough to lead a team of 70 people right now, so that's why I've got a team of 12. :-)

OK...maybe this logic only makes sense to me. But the bottom line is this - keep on bloggin' Brandon. Even the simplest posts full of nothing but "creamed corn" can have an impact on someone. And today, that someone was me.

Thanks for all you are and all you do for the Kingdom!!