Friday, December 10, 2004




These are a couple of pictures sent to me compliments of Debbie Riggs at the Highland Church in Abilene. Highland had their big 75th anniversary celebration last week in Moody Coliseum and Mom got to address the crowd regarding her dreams for Highland's future. I wish I could have been there. I heard it was a great day.

The walk through of the house went well yesterday. Things are looking good. For some of you old ACU folks, her realtor is Jerry Jennings--father of Christopher ("Topher"). He is such an amazing help! Thanks, Jerry! I think my mom will really be pleased with her new place.

Last night Sheryl was a co-host at the big fund raising dinner here for Rochester College (where she went before transferring to ACU). Rochester, which is in Michigan for any who didn't know, is a good school. I've been impressed with their openness to the Spirit and their new President seems like a really great man. I had a lot of friends at ACU who transferred in from Rochester (then Michigan Christian).

I stayed home and put the girls to bed and wrapped presents. The gift wrapping thing seems funny to me this year. I enjoy making the wrapping look nice and seeing the presents under the tree, but this year we have opted so far to keep the gifts in the closet...little elves love to UNwrap presents. It struck me as funny last night when I walked into the closet and there were all the gifts--nicely wrapped. CRAZY!

We begin the major rehearsals this weekend. Sunday we have a full dress rehearsal with the body mics and the band (except for the stand up bass player who can't make it). Monday the lights load in. It's all downhill from there! What a fun and exhausting week it will be. All the while, my mom will be arriving on Wednesday with my uncle. Whew!

Have a great Friday, everyone! Word of advice, check your coat pockets, always double and triple check when you write the front page bulletin article, and just go on and steer clear of everyone who's name is George Buck. He's just trouble. Ain't that right, George?

No comments: