Thursday, December 09, 2004

OK--another embarrassing moment to share today. I had lunch with Phil at Baja Burrito--the MOST AMAZING PLACE! That's for you, Troy. Thanks for looking at the blog. (Troy owns Baja and is the son of Doug and Nan Smith. He went to ACU a little ahead of me)

Baja tends to be extremely crowded...lines out the door, etc. I was trying to hurry and get situated (Phil, I think you missed this part while you were getting drinks). I had a coat on I hadn't worn in a while. I reach in the pocket and felt something like a hanky or something. I pulled it out to see what it was--Maddie's Barney panties. Nice. I tried to shove them back into my pocket before anyone could notice. I saw one guy look at me and just shake his head like he was thinking, "sicko". Please...3 years ago I could barely say the word (pant***) and now they're in my pocket with Barney all over them (another creature I had at one point sworn I'd have nothing to do with). My how life changes.

6 comments:

Fajita said...

Ha! LOL! I love it. Never swear you won't do something, or that it won't happen to you.

Now Brandon, what I am about to say will offend you, but understand it comes from a Minnesotan. I swore on my soul I'd never live in texas. It cost me 6 years there.

Thing is, when I got to Texas, I found some terrific healing in my life, I found my wife, got a Masters degree and some of the best friends a guy could ever have.

Sometimes what we wish to avoid holds within it a treasure, just hidden from sight.

Deana Nall said...

OK. Imagine this: you have a 3-year-old who can't pronounce her T's. She wants peanuts at the store. You agree to buy her peanuts. She is so elated that she begins yelling "PEANUTS!" at the top of her lungs -- but without the "T." Mobs of strangers are staring wide-eyed at you, wondering why your child is yelling the name of a reproductive organ in the middle of Target. You finally get her out into the parking lot, where, in front of another mob of people, she yells, "I don't want anyone to take my PEANU(T)S away!"

Somehow, we all recovered.

Beaner said...

Deana - LOL!!!

Brandon - The question I would ask is - were the panties soiled & in your pocket?

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

unfortunately, yes.

Clarissa said...

Oh, that makes it even funnier! That is hilarious!

SG said...

That is too funny bst and Deanna!!
Funniest part of this is that 6 comments later no one has bothered to ask you why you had soiled barney panties in your pocket. Parents just know there is a good reason and it doesn't even seem weird.