Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I went to a late movie last night with JV, Philip Henry and Dan Henderson. We saw "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". I have heard mixed reviews on it, but I LOVED it. It was just weird enough to be really great! The only downside, and for me it's a huge downside, was that one of the sections of the movie featured snakes. Lots of snakes. Huge snakes. Small snakes. Snakes, snakes, snakes. I HATE SNAKES! When the huge snake jumped at the kids I jumped and I think I might have screamed. I just lost it--popcorn and all on the floor. Did I mention that I hate snakes? No amount of peer pressure can change this. I realize it's dorky. But hey--it is what it is.

Before we put the girls in bed last night they were playing so sweetly. Maddie had her new princess night gown on and her pink play high-heeled shoes. She and Ella were walking around hand in hand pretending to be on some exciting journey. I was thinking yesterday as we were at a play area at the mall how much our lives will change if this new baby is a boy. I just had to laugh as I watched the boys at this play area. They thought very little of jumping from the tallest slide or tackling someone. Boys are just more active. Our girls are pretty active, but in a different way. It will be interesting to see what is to come. We find out in a week and a half!

David and Becky Rubio had their baby today. We are so thrilled for them--especially Becky. Her name is Charity Ann. YEA, RUBIOS!!

Tonight we are having a service centered around testimonies and thankfulness for what God has done this year. It should be a great night.

Please be praying for my mom. She's still feeling really awful and needs to be feeling better very soon. Thanks!

7 comments:

Val said...

Brandon, I don't know if I ever mentioned this to you, but I have taken up the hobby of hunting rattlesnakes. Don't get me wrong, I also hate snakes, but there is some kind of rush in hunting something that can kill you. I don't get into any other kind of hunting, but the snake thing is a surprising kick for me. That's about as redneck as I can get (except for trapping the squirrels trying to get in our attic). The next time I go I'll get some pictures for you.

JBlogger said...

When learning to drive in W. Tx I practiced my emergency braking skills on rattle snakes as they crossed the road.

I always say that if Adam and Eve had been from Texas we would not have sin in the world. They'd have shot they snake before he started talking!

Clarissa said...

Praying for your mom. Let us know if we can help ...

Val said...

We don't shoot them. We catch them and an old man I know sells them to the roundup in Sweetwater. I know. I can't really believe it myself, but it's true. I'm gonna try to take Grant boone this year, too. That should be a hoot.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Ok--you people and your snakes. YUCK. Val, you are my brother and as much as I love you and you'll always be a life long friend, I can never-EVER shake your hand again. YOU CATCH THEM?? That's where your little "theory" of hunting something that can kill you went wrong for me. If you had said you butcher them into a thousand pieces, maybe. OK--no one from animal rights jump on my case.

I was at my parents' house alone one time in college. They had just glassed in the back porch and made a nice long sun room with new carpet, etc. I came home and went out there and saw, what I now know to be, a small grass snake. I ran to get the hoe and chopped that thing into a million pieces. I frantically called my mom to tell her and her first question was, "Did you ruin my carpet??" I'm telling you, I don't think straight with these things. YOU CATCH RATTLESNAKES??? What's wrong with you???

Val said...

It's not as crazy as it sounds. I just posted a blog describing it. Come with me some time when you're in town.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your mother is ill, I pray she is well soon.