Thursday, November 04, 2004



Thanks to Kyle for sending me this picture. This was taken a couple of weeks ago in Texas. I'm still enjoying the warmth of the time spent there with people and old friends.

Last night at our emergent service there were three stations--giving, receiving, and encouragement. At the giving station people used clay to sculpt what they wanted to give to the Lord--something representing it (a gift, a sin, something you hold to tightly to...etc). There were the COOLEST clay sculptures there. In fact, Scott said they ran out of clay!

At the receiving table those who wanted to received the Lord's Supper. The encouragement table was a place to write encouragement cards to others. I heard it was a great night.

Meanwhile, we were in rehearsals that began at 6:15 and ended close to 9:30. The show is really going well. I am amazed--and always have been--at the talent in this place. I have been in professional paid productions with people who weren't half as talented as those here at the Creek. It really blows me away. I have to think that God would not gather people like that all in one place for us to just waste the gifts. It certainly calls us to something higher and deeper.

This show is so hilarious. My character--Pastor Oglethorpe--is such a fun guy to play. He has it bad for June--the Sanders Family sister who "doesn't sing, she signs". Anyway--fun stuff.

I heard from Carol Nelson this morning--things went well with Jeff. His surgery was only about 2 hours long. The doctor thought the liver and other organs looked ok. As for what was removed, we're waiting on pathology which could take as long as Monday. The doc said it was about 50/50 as to whether it was malignant or not. However, he did feel like he got it ALL. Jeff was in ICU last night but is expected to be moved to a regular room today sometime. This is good news so far! Thanks for the many prayers for them. Let's keep it up. They said they could really feel the prayer coverage.

My mom SOLD HER HOUSE!!!!!! Yeeee-hawww! This has been a stressful thing lately. Not only did she sell it, but it seems that God has worked everything out just as it needs to be with timing and stuff. She'll close there on the 10th of December and close here on the 15th.

Thank you, Father, for caring about our every day concerns. Thank you for being involved in our lives and not just a stand-offish being. Thank you for your touch and for speaking through unlikely things like clay sculptures. Thank you for laughter. Thank you for reminding me this morning of your sovereignty. And YOU will reign forever and ever.

3 comments:

Beaner said...

I love to analyze pictures - so can anybody guess who is the center of attention in this family??? It appears that you & Sheryl are confident in your own identities but are still connected as a couple. You are also surrounding your girls - like a circle of love w/them in the middle, as their protectors in this world. (Of course the fact that you are sitting on a golf cart could be why you're positioned like that & I could have just OD'd on coffee, but it's fun for me to try to guess family dynamics in pictures.)

I'm so happy to hear that your mom sold her house - PTL - I'm sure it will be a blessing to have her close.

SG said...

"plog" I love that GT! :)
Great picture! beaner~do you see that empty space in the middle? I think it needs another little Thomas.
I am so glad Miss Judy sold her house! that truly is an answer to prayers. Prayer going up for Jeff Nelson. Keep us posted. Wish I could see your play. Ever thought of video streaming it on the OC web site? Just a thought! Blessings to you Brando!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

LOL--Lex, you are SO wrong. I'm gonna get you for that.