Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I refreshed my links and added a few new ones. Hope you enjoy.

What a nail biting night! Sheryl and I were at a movie and it was killing me not to check every 10 minutes on my phone. Isn't our system fascinating? What if it had come down to a tie in the electoral vote and the decision went to the Senate and House?? Isn't it weird to think Thomas Jefferson was elected that way? Amazing stuff.

On that note, why can't we figure out a way to have a systemized way to vote? Voting is different not only state to state but county to county too! Maybe there are benefits. What are they? Some places have stupid chads that don't punch. Some places lose votes by turning the power off. In Oregon, no one goes to vote--everyone mails in their ballots. In Arkansas, my in-laws filled out their ballot with a pencil and slipped it in a box like it was 1892. Other states neglect sending out absentee ballots until 4 days before the election. I am just glad to know that being an idiot isn't reserved for church work. It certainly seems to apply to government work as well.

My mom came through her cataract surgery this morning with flying colors. Still waiting to hear something from Jeff. Let's continue to pray...for each other, for our country, and more importantly--that we will be Kingdom people (more than US citizens--citizens of the Kingdom of our Lord and God that has no borders). Let's also pray that I don't get any more calls from cast members today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday morning (election day) I awoke with a sense of dread and with a sick feeling in my stomach at what choice our country would be making that day. As I drove kids to school and went to vote (it's much more exciting to wait until the big day!), I was listening to the new Zoe CD and my emotions got the best of me. The first song "Blessed Be the Name" was so fitting for the day. ..."When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord." That song provided me with a sense of peace I was desperately seeking yesterday. The last song "Hear Our Praises" was equally fitting. ..."hear our praises rise to you, from the heavens to the nations.....may our light shine in the darkness...may your glory fill the whole earth."

Thank you (&Sheryl) for sharing and using your spiritual gifts. You have no clue how many lives you touch with your music.

Val said...

I'm not a doctor, but if her colors are flying, she may want to go back for another go. Either way, I'm glad it went well.

Chad said...

Just want to put out the word that there are no "stupid chads", nor hanging, pregnant, or otherwise. :-)

Chad

Clarissa said...

Hey -- thanks for the link! I'll have to be careful what I say now. Noticed you removed a link -- good call, I'd say ... :-)