Sunday, August 01, 2004

Three things tonight to add...

One very important. Our Maddie, who has always gone about things in her own fashion and at her own speed, decided today was the day to "put the pee-pee in the potty". Can I get a hallelujah??

Second, a great quote I heard yesterday from Eve Clevenger that I must incorporate. Eve told us her mom would always say, "If you're going to laugh about something eventually, you might as well laugh about it now." I love that.

Sheryl is out with friends at a movie. I got to read and pray with the girls tonight. Maddie read me The Mommy Book, The Daddy Book, and Brown Bear. She did a great job! Ella and Maddie both sat on my lap and we prayed together. I may sound like a broken record, but it's those types of moments I pray will stay etched in my mind. Precious.

Now, I'm off to bed with my friends--Sudafed Cold and Tylenol PM. Nite nite.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Hallelujah! Life is so much simpler now that we have only one child in diapers -- I counted up, and with Abbie leaving diapers and Chloe leaving formula, that saves at least $80/month. I'm rich! :)

Ryan Williamson said...

I think we've overplayed our hand in the potty arena with Sydney (two and a half years). She's been potty trained for about nine months now. By potty training I mean that we all know (her and us) that she knows how to use the potty and when to use the potty because she's done it flawlessly for weeks at time. I really think that she's figured out that having an accident is a little power trip for her. She's in total control. If she wants to get us back or feels like we have not given her enought attention it always seems to be accompanied by a potty accident.