Thursday, July 22, 2004

It has been one nutty day. I don't have much time to blog, but wanted to share a couple of thoughts quickly.

This morning I met with Melissa who will be doing some vocal therapy with me. It relieved me and helped me not worry so much. I know it's what I need. I just want the INSTANT fix.

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with  Jen Lemen today.  Jen was such an encouragement. We've played phone tag for weeks. She is involved in the Emergent Women's Leadership group and is just a kindred spirit in wanting to get to the heart of following Jesus. I would love for her to come speak at a ZOE conference sometime.

I went out to The Factory in Franklin.  I had our HUGE Jesus picture that the Maxwell's did for us at Easter framed. Any guesses how much that thing cost? Sheesh. It will be worth it though. It looks great in the sanctuary.

I am headed out to Paragon Studios in a sec to finish up some mixing with Fred Paragano and John Mays. Every time I am in that studio I just can't help but gawk. It's truly unreal.

Tonight we're spending time at the most awesome outdoor pool at our YMCA. They have all sorts of great things for kids and loud music playing (usually Elvis or Beach Boys) and hot dogs and stuff. It should be fun.

One last thing. As I was listening to Maddie's video of Little Mermaid today (for the 15,000th time) something hit me. That song that starts.."Look at this stuff..." kills me in places. I mean come on...the girl's got gadgets and gizmos a plenty. She's got whozits and whatzits galore. She's even got 20 thing-a-ma-bobs. But she isn't satisfied with any of it. She says... "But who cares? No big deal! I want MORE!!!" It just hit me how true that is for so many of us. Not that I am spiritualizing Ariel, but geez, people! That could be most of North America's theme song! Help us, Lord!

4 comments:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Later on Ariel sounds confused and deparate:

What would I give if I could live outta these waters?
What would I pay to spend a day holding your hand?
I'd give my life (wow!)
I'd sell my soul (yikes-it's getting worse!!)
'Cause I can feel I'll never be whole (she needs Jesus!)
But I can see
I'll never be
Part of your world (she needs a small-group Bible Study group!)

Let's pray for Ariel ! :)

julie said...

Brandon, it would be great to have Jen speak at Zoe. She would be a new, fresh voice to so many who come to Zoe. We have talked a couple of times and have both times said that we need to get together but it hasn't happened yet. We speak the same language and that is so encouraging.
I think that you guys don't get what Ariel's true issues are that she needs to work on...she gave up her voice in order to get a man.
grace, julie

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Actually, my insightful wife counseled me tonight saying that poor ol' Ariel wasn't after stuff...the "more" she wanted was love...wuv, twu wuv. Julie--I think you're closer than any of us. But, come on...a voice...a man... she made the right choice. Now admit it, you know I'm right. LOL.

Anonymous said...

brandon, it was great to talk to you today too.
i'll come speak anytime--that would be fun!
my current favorite topic is the invisible pastor, how ordinary people share god's grace in their everyday world.
as for tim & kim, they'd love to meet you.
i'll send you their info right now.
jl