Friday, July 16, 2004

I like to sleep with "white noise". We are a family of fans. We have fans in every bedroom of our house--even the guest room. It's gotten to where I can't sleep without one running. Guess what I forgot on the trip to St. Louis? Yep. So, as I laid in bed last night, eyes wide open hearing every step in the corridor, every car on the street, my heart beating, my lungs expanding, my eyes blinking...(ok, maybe not to that degree, but you get the mental picture) I tried to think of something to use instead of the fan. There was no bathroom fan--that usually works. There was no control to just run the fan on the air conditioner. I finally discovered that I could turn on the TV to channel 112 and have the white noise of TV "snow" and cover it with a black T-shirt to still keep it dark. This...THIS, my friends, is called OCD. It aint pretty.
 
Great day today. We had a wonderful turnout for the leadership track of the conference. There were some great discussions in our worship leaders' track about Emerging culture and worship as well as worship ministry as opposed to simply being a song leader.
 
The McKnight church in St. Louis knows how to feed people. Not only do they have an amazing hospitality room set up (including a massage chair and a professional to work on us), but we had prime rib for dinner. Watch out, Fresno, they're giving you serious competition!
 
Tonight we did our first big worship session. It was awesome. Mike was completely on. He's always funny and inspirational in deeply Spiritual ways, but tonight seemed better than his usual perfection.
 
I am exhausted. Teaching all day and singing for a 2 1/2 hour worship session does not work well with me. My voice is really tired...not just from the day or week, but from the last 6 months. I have to admit, I am concerned. Please pray for vocal health for me if you will.
 
I was excited to see Sheryl. She sounded great tonight. I always love ministering with my ZOE family. It's like an old glove. It just fits and feels like home. The fact, though, that I get to minister side by side with my wife is one of the best blessings I know.
 
Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers today. Please continue to fuel us this weekend. Speak, sing, and minister to your people through us this weekend. You receive all the glory.
 

3 comments:

Lovell's Lookout said...

Blessings Brandon!!! May the Lord give you endurance...
I can totally relate to the "white noise" theory. We have a "noise" machine. It has 7 different settings. The "heartbeat", desined for young infants transitioning to the oxygen state of life, scares the beegeebees out of me...kind of a "Jaws" theme in my book. The "Great outdoors" sound is especially calming until you start swatting at mosquitos that aren't really there. This is followed by screaming for terror from the Kodiak Bear, (your wife) , snuggling up beside you. For best results, it is the mountain stream. Where you can sleep and fly-fish simultaneously. You can find these noise machines at the sharper image for $565, where all my metro-sexual friends shop, or at Target' for 19.95. It would fit well in your ZOE overnight war-bag.
God-speed my brother- your ministry and life are a blessing to all....Peace-tybo

Anonymous said...

Brandon,
It was great meeting you this weekend. This was my first time hearing your group-and what an experience it was.
Keep up the great work,
Eric Cope
eric.cope@netzero.com

RPorche said...

Brandon--

I love the OCD stuff! Why? Because I'm the same way! I'm glad to hear the conference went well. Blessings on you this week!