Thursday, July 01, 2004

Great comments yesterday everyone. I am blessed by the community we all share online. You all give me encouragement and I am blessed by the things you say. Many times the comments are far better than anything I've written. Thank you!

Last night we had our Retreat To The Creek back in full swing. We had soft music playing as people came in, tables with candles burning that would serve as prayer stations later in the night, and the rocking chair and lamps in place up front. Scott took us through the 23rd Psalm in a very meditative way. It was a wonderful night. Sheryl and I got to man (how does one say that in a gender inclusive way?) one of the prayer stations and were blessed to pray with several folks. I just love what happens in that setting. At the end of the night I had Sheryl come up and sing "Be Still And Know" over everyone. How in the world did I end up marrying someone who can sing and minister like she can? It's one of the wonders of God.

I had a chance to visit with Chris and Carol Beaty last night too. The Beatys are known for their renown vocal coaching and for their song writing. (is it just me or does that picture of Carol remind anyone else of Cheri Oteri ?) Chris wrote Holy Ground, a song that many of our churches have enjoyed singing. They have visited with us before for things like the Phil Keaggy concert, but will soon be here on more of a regular basis. The Beatys are a part of The Church of the Redeemer which will begin meeting here for worship next month. It was great having them. We were able to talk and share afterwards for a while and they said how much OC's hospitality had meant to all of them. After being in our service last night they were excited about how much we have in common--maybe more in heart than style. I am looking forward to opportunities to minister together over the next 6 months. We are all praying that God will bless their work.

My mom is flying in this morning for Maddie's birthday this weekend. We're so excited that she's coming! It's not widely known, but she will also be looking at houses while she is here. She's entertaining the idea of moving. It would be a huge move for her after living in the Abilene area 65 years and being so involved at Highland with Mike Cope. Her Spiritual Formation group, Trilogy, would be especially difficult to leave. We're just praying that the Lord will guide her steps. It would be so wonderful to have her close, we just want it to be right. I would appreciate your prayers for her.

Hope you all have a great Thursday. I am looking forward to the weekend and all the festivities. Tonight we are making dinner for my mom and Sheryl's cousin Kim (aka Aunt KiKi) and her mom and dad. It will be a great night. We might have to have to take a break from card playing to finish cutting out palm tree leaves, but still--much fun to be had! Sorta like adding links. A little overboard today! Hasta Manana.

PS: has anyone else noticed how retarded the blogger spell check is????

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

You mean you have to use the spell check?

believingthomas said...

blogger has a spill ceecker? I too am looking forward to a birthday for our young Titus, he will be 1 tommorrow. We have a traditon of giving a blessing on each birthday. I recommend it. But I always wait to the last moment to prepare. At least he will only remember it in video.

By the way, I think you both hosted or maybe even served at the prayer station.

I assume you can say retarded that in a fine southern way, Ree TAArd Ed.

SG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim Castle said...

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.... Here you are, trying to be open and transparent with us, and you're using spell check? C'mon, friend! Just let your imperfections in spelling show, to show another area of brokenness in your life! God's grace will, I'm sure, cover spelling errors.

(...and, I hope, merciless snickering by those of us who don't have to use spell check!)